my sc wheels now black...

92sclikenew

well its not a pic of the car with them on since i havent gotten it yet......:mad:

but this is just a pic of one of the wheels.. not bad for rattle can:eek: still thinkin of gettin a couple of cans of flat dont think i like the shiney ness of that black... but owell

i do have the center caps and when in place they look great....

ps i am puttin new tires on these b4 they go on the car.....

Attachments

• DSCF1617.JPG
    DSCF1617.JPG
    399 KB · Views: 86
  • DSCF1618.JPG
    DSCF1618.JPG
    310.4 KB · Views: 70
  • DSCF1619.JPG
    DSCF1619.JPG
    368.8 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
These are painted rattle can flat black...........

Now I'm using the black saleens with the hub swap for now........:D

Attachments

• rims.jpg
    rims.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 132
  • saleens.jpg
    saleens.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 118
These are painted rattle can flat black...........

Now I'm using the black saleens with the hub swap for now........:D

i got the idea from you

dont know if you remenber me askin

thanks for adding the pics my car is the same color blue.. but only a 92..

If its too shiny for you Advance Auto Parts has a semi-gloss black rattlecan that is perfect match to our trim.I am sure other auto stores carry it too.

If its too shiny for you Advance Auto Parts has a semi-gloss black rattlecan that is perfect match to our trim.I am sure other auto stores carry it too.

Krylon semi-flat black (Wal Mart, etc.) is also an excellent paint, and matches the exterior trim. In addition, I've used it for years on underhood brackets, etc. to replicate the factory finish.

JD

thanks guys i think this is gloss black is krylon brand just alittle on the shiney side for me

guess ill see once i get my car back and them on it...:eek:

the thing i noticed about flat black compared to gloss black (i tried it first) is that if you scatch the rim up the flat black could be touched up and it blended right in, not the case with gloss black.

the thing i noticed about flat black compared to gloss black (i tried it first) is that if you scatch the rim up the flat black could be touched up and it blended right in, not the case with gloss black.

thanks;) well the more coats the less chance of seeing the scratch

I wanna see more black rims.......

Im wanting to paint mine black but not so sure yet......Reminds me of the old Ford Cop cars with the rims....I might even keep the center cap chrome/polished alum....

More pics...More pics....

J

I wanna see more black rims.......

Im wanting to paint mine black but not so sure yet......Reminds me of the old Ford Cop cars with the rims....I might even keep the center cap chrome/polished alum....

More pics...More pics....

J

i plan to put mine on 2morrow ill see how it go's ill add some pics, i got my car back yay!

Last edited:
I was thinking of doing the same thing except I would tape the lip off first. Poor mans black w/ machined lip. At least until I save up for something nicer.

It's all preference mostly. I think they look good mostly on dark paint, especially all black. Most chrome wheels don't appeal to me, I dunno why but they don't.

I just don't understand how any one can think that black wheels look good?? :confused:

Thomas

i really like it let me get some pics today the cam had dead batterys so i had to charge them......:eek:

i agree with the guy above it only looks good on a dark car... everyone that has seen it so far says damn that looks sweet rather then the silver.. so hey w/e and i like to be diff then every one and that helps...

to each ther own i guess :p:D

i really like it let me get some pics today the cam had dead batterys so i had to charge them......:eek:

i agree with the guy above it only looks good on a dark car... everyone that has seen it so far says damn that looks sweet rather then the silver.. so hey w/e and i like to be diff then every one and that helps...

to each ther own i guess :p:D

I agree i would rather have black rims on a black car, but my new white sc has black rims and it looks ok in the pic but in person there not that great so im changing them soon

aslkfjad.jpg

I agree i would rather have black rims on a black car, but my new white sc has black rims and it looks ok in the pic but in person there not that great so im changing them soon

aslkfjad.jpg

i agree with you dont look as good on that car also they have a silver lip..

idk when my wheels were silver they didnt match anything.. now that they wheels are black the whole car is now ether black or blue..

to make it worse they were painted with a rattle can with no prep work done so up close they are chipping peeling!!

to make it worse they were painted with a rattle can with no prep work done so up close they are chipping peeling!!

gezz what people will do i atleast sanded my stuff up and primed then painted so they look good...

they need some more work but i couldnt wait to put them on:eek::rolleyes:

to early and cold to go out side so its not that clear lookin and the car is a little dirty but you guy the idea.. guess that window needs some cleaning...:rolleyes:

Attachments

• DSCF1620.JPG
    DSCF1620.JPG
    319.8 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:
Back