Brakes dragging?

Jeremy_K

I've recently acquired a problem with the car slowing itself down when going down hills or coasting. I can be going down a fairly steep hill in neutral and the car will slow pretty rapidly instead of gaining speed. It feels as if the brakes are dragging or something. Could anything else be the culprit? A co-worker of mine recently had the same problem with his dakota and it turned out to be the e-brake cable broke loose from its guides on one side causing the other side to apply. Do our e-brakes work the same way? I haven't had a chance to look under there yet. I just installed new front bearings and tires all around. The front wheels spin free and there's no pulling to one side or the other.

did you put the brake pads in properly? Know anyone with a infra-red thermometer? Aim it at each wheel, one by one and see if any of them is hotter than the other. If so, then focus there.

Rear pads can easily be put in wrong. Did you put new pads in that were too tight? If you put new ones in the rear, you did turn the caliper pin back in didn't you?

Back