MAF Sample tube??

Rob m

:confused:How can I tell if my sample tube is matched to my injectors? I bought the car with alot of mods done to it already and I was told to check the sample tube, but i dont know what i am looking for. I found out i have 42# injectors, it is a 73MM MAF. Anyone have any ideas. I have no clue at all. This is the first time i have dealt with aftermarket performance mods on a computerized car. Thanks alot. I am really not dumb, but i have not run across this before

You will have to look inside the MAF. Inside the MAF will be a smaller tube that is a bolt in tube. That tube will have a color painted on it. Post up the color. I don't have them memorized. You can search the boards to see which one is right for 42 lbs injectors.

Ford Thunderbird SC 73mm Unit
Std Fuel Injector (30 for 89-93), (36 for 94-95) Clear Tube (101)
36lb Injector (89-93 processor) Blue Tube (102)
42lb Injectors (89-93 processor) Red Tube (103)
(Upgrade injectors may cause computer issues with factory ECM on 1994-1995 Super Coupes)

Taken from

http://www.cnlperformance.com/calibration.html

Ford Thunderbird SC 73mm Unit
Std Fuel Injector (30 for 89-93), (36 for 94-95) Clear Tube (101)
36lb Injector (89-93 processor) Blue Tube (102)
42lb Injectors (89-93 processor) Red Tube (103)
(Upgrade injectors may cause computer issues with factory ECM on 1994-1995 Super Coupes)

Taken from

http://www.cnlperformance.com/calibration.html

Thanks guys! I will check it out. Only 1 more week and i should be able to start working on it!

Are you sure you have 42's?..You said a dark blue ring on your injectors no?

They are the exact same ones posted in the pic on the NY chapter forum. He said they were #42. I guess i will take his word for it unless someone disputes it.
ericlacivita

Damon just look at the thread in the NY chapter forum lol, i posted a picture of injectors with the same color ring he has. And they are 42lb injectors.

I believe he posted a stock picture and not of whats on there. Earlier he stated it had red rings which are not 42;s/ Thats why I asked.

Last edited:
I believe he posted a stock picture and not of whats on there. Earlier he stated it had red rings which are not 42;s/ Thats why I asked.

I belive he said it had blue rings on the injectors and I needed a blue MAF sample tube. I don't know. Maybe i will just drive to Ohio and have dalke go through it. I will see. i appreciate all of your help though. As long as it doesn't have any problems i may not worrie bout it too much. You guys are great for helping. Thanks again!!

Back