3rd brake light flasher

I discovered just how annoying those are while sitting in stop and go traffic behind a bike with one the other day.

-Rod

>take a look at their Round Tuit tool

I got two of those but they haven't helped so far...

I had something like that in a old 86 Chevette I had (don't knock it, those motors where invincible) and I got written up for ticket because there was something about me not being an emergency vehicle. I tired to argue that I could do the same thing with my foot on the brake pedal but the cop wasn't having it.

Speaking of a Chevette..... hhhmmmmmm wonder what it would be like with an SC motor in it :eek:.. I knew some guys that dropped 2.8 6's in them and THAT was a sight to see them go...

Did the bike's brake light simply flash or did it flash 3 or 4 times and then stay on?

I worked just as described in the link you posted. It would flash, then go solid, then we'd roll forward a few feet and repeat the process. After sitting behind that for over an hour I was about to lose it.

-Rod

>It would flash, then go solid, then we'd roll forward a few feet and repeat the process.

I think the linked ones at least flash fewer times in stop/go...

Anything that improves the visibility of a bike is a good idea. At least on an SC, as an example, the 3rd light could be set up to flash while the brake light pair stay stock on/off.

>After sitting behind that for over an hour I was about to lose it.

Just sitting in traffic usually pushes my buttons :)

Last edited:
>I tired to argue [clip] but the cop wasn't having it.

I'm pretty sure I've met that same officer...

Polyswitch sounds cool - where do we find the 'free' switches and relays...?

Maybe I should have clarified it a little better, the information on how to make the above is free. Do you really think that all of it was free? :rolleyes:

S

Back