M5R2 repair parts prices

DougD

Heh heh heh.

Just rec'd some M5R2 parts from an on-line vendor......a "small parts kit" and a "reseal kit". Not quite $200 with shipping.

Either I am totally out of touch with the going price of manual trans parts or I just got royally stroked. Either is equally possible, I reckon.

The $140 parts kit is a couple of nuts, one bearing, and a nylon bushing of some sort. The reseal kit is an extension housing seal and a couple of weird looking rubber gaskets. I didn't open the package for a closer look but you can hold all of it in the palm of your hand, literally.

I assume vendor bashing isn't allowed here (understandably) so I won't post the name of the outfit. Send me a PM if you'd like to know.

Cheers
DD

while i can't tell you whether or not the prices were fair, there is a feedback section on the website where you can feel free to give your opinion on your experience with buyers and sellers, although the threads in there tend to be specifically about not receiving products, or not receiving payments, so simply being overcharged for parts might not be entirely appropriate.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73

Last edited:
I blame myself first, for not checking/researching.

Oh well. By the time this car is on the road that purchase will seem like a drop in the bucket !

I'm still waiting for synchros from GratefulCarl then I can send the trans out for repair. If all goes as planned (heh heh heh) I can still have the car running and at the paint shop by the end of May, as planned.

On the "plus" side, I was able to save a ton of money on some really nice used leather seats covers instead of buying new ones.

Cheers
DD

Back