Blower Snout C-Clip Size??

Thomas A

I'd like to replace the retaining clip on the blower snout seal with the later model C clip design. Does anyone know what size is needed?

Thomas

I'd like to replace the retaining clip on the blower snout seal with the later model C clip design. Does anyone know what size is needed?

Thomas

Thomas

You want that size un-sprung or sprung in blower snout receiver groove? let me know have a brand new one right here

I would guess they are measured unsprung? I was going to pick something up local, and need something to get me close.

Thomas

I would guess they are measured unsprung? I was going to pick something up local, and need something to get me close.

Thomas

Thomas

The OD un-sprung is 1.895 I can post a picture of it if you need one let me know. The size is a stock M-90 Snout brand new C-Clip

Thanks for the info Jim! If you get a chance, could you measure the distance from eyelet to eyelet? Thanks!

Thomas

Thomas

The one's I use dont have the eyelet mine are heat treated performance C-clips. Here is a few pictures of it on the standerd SS eyelet C-Clips they wont retain there od after collapsing it to install in snout receiver groove. We found on a blower spun at high RPM the bearing thrusts forward and the standerd eyelet C-clip walks meaning rotates in the receiver groove. I think a standard eyelet C-Clip you can get at Napa Auto Parts

Last edited:
Thomas,

Are you talking about finding something similar to the heavy duty one that Magnum powers sells or just a stock clip.

(Dang! David beat me by a minute. I was trying to find a picture of what MP's clip would looks like)

Last edited:
I think I'd like the heavier one as the pulley is already off, so it would be a good time to install. I was a little surprised to get a rebuilt blower back from MP without one already installed? :confused:

Thomas

I pulled my pulley off this morning. I just have the standard clip. I'd be interested in what you find out.

If the blower wasn't on the car you could call around to bearing places and see if they have c-clips in stock. They should work with you at the counter to help find the right one.

Back