Alarm?? Remote Entry

franky_402

My car has the remote entry from the factory, does this mean it also has the anti-theft, i see no lights or anything, could be a burnt out bulb or possibly a fuse, the remote works on everything to lock/unlock the car! Also is thier a way to change how it reacts when you push buttons, ie flash lights honk stuff like that?!?

Last edited:
Well i went into the trunk and went to remove the plastic housing that holds the ke box, and i broke one of those pull clips, how the hell do you get those out without them snapping??? Also mounted on the box there is a plug that holds to wires, dont remember the colors now! but there was only the ke box in that housing thing and it looks like there is another spot for a module, is this where the alarm system goes!! Is all the wiring in thier somewhere?? Would i be able to add it or is it in another location??

If you lock the doors and have the alarm module, an ALARM light flashes in the dash and comes on steady when the door closes.

Not sure if the wiring is there such that you can just plug a module in. My 90 doesn't have it, but my 93 does. I'll have to check when I have time and it's over 40degrees.

its a 94 i assume most of them had it, i dont see any theft light flash is it in the instrument cluster, ill check for blown fuses, relays tonight!!

My 89, has no fob or keyless entry but it will honk/lights if you open the door without unlocking it from the outside...

Like if im sitting waiting for someone with the car off and the doors locked for a while and i open the door from the inside, i get a loud suprise:D

-Tony

im going to investigate more, as i told my ins. i have alarm on this car i thought it was??? I may just add one~!

the wireless entry was a later addition at Ford. I don't know that any 89's would have factory wireless. If your car honks and flashes when you open the door without entering a code on the keypad, you have the factory alarm system. You should also get a solid ALARM light in the dash, to the left of the steering column when you close and lock the doors.

the wireless entry was a later addition at Ford. I don't know that any 89's would have factory wireless. If your car honks and flashes when you open the door without entering a code on the keypad, you have the factory alarm system. You should also get a solid ALARM light in the dash, to the left of the steering column when you close and lock the doors.

My 89 has no keyless OR wireless..and the alarm light blinks:cool:

usually with factory alarm systems either the key or the remote will arm or disarm the alarm system. the remote is obvious but the key works different. when you use your key to lock the door it will arm the alarm (if equipped) just like pushing the button on the remote. to disarm you must also use your key to unlock the door just like the disarm on the remote. arming time is different some are 30 seconds some are longer (ive seen some take up to 5 minutes). just because the alarm light is blinking or solid does not necessarily mean your car is armed. the way to find out if you have an alarm is to roll your window down, then lock your car with your keyless remote or your key. wait a good ten minutes (just to make sure the vehicle is armed) then reach in the window and open the door with the handle. if the horn and or light s start to flash you have an alarm if not no alarm. ****** do not use a key, the unlock button on your remote or the unlock button inside the car as this might disarm it (sometimes on older model factory alarms you can disarm the alarm with the unlock button... i never understood this as this defeats the purpose of the alarm). some cars had an alarm but had no keyless entry. hope this helps...

oh yeah... most car insurance companies do not give any discount for insurance unless the alarm is equipped with a starter/ fuel disabler... aka: killswitch. if you dont have the keyless entry you can an alram almost anywhere with keyless entry for around $100.

i cannot emphasize this enough, i have been saying this for years... an alarm is only as good as the installer. ive seen the worst brand name out perform a great brand name just because of installation.

Yeah, i just figured if it already had it.... i dont like the idea of splicing in wires into the car, i'me capable of doing it just dont want to on my low mileage sc!! Also i like factory stuff!!!

I went tru this a couple of months ago. If there are two modules in that tray on the left rear quarter, you have the antitheft. If you only have one then you only have factory keyless entry if you dont have any modules back there then well you get the point.

By the sounds of it you dont have a Factory alarm only keyless entry.
There was a dealer installed version of it made by CODE for Ford. And that was installed into a car that was not equipped with the factory alarm. It uses the factory remote and looks factory but the module is add on type with spliced wires going everywhere.

You will not be able to retrofit a factory alarm module into your car, the wires are not there and you will need to change the complete body harness to successfuly do it.

I will try to remember to look in my manual for my 93 tomorrow. It does give options for changing how the system arms. Honk w/lights or no honk no lights, etc. It also gives the info about if you have the anti-theft with the keyless. If I remember correctly, if you have the keyless option you also have the anti-theft. I will try to check it tomorrow.

benny

Dont get your hopes up. I have the manual and the service manual.

The keyless entry does not need to be tied with the alarm. On the manual it tells you "If equiped with the optional Anti-Theft" You can do this with it.
But it also has a separate section for Keyless entry features. On the service manual there are two sections. One for the Keyless and one for antitheft all by themselves. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, But I wanted to get rid of the CODE anti-theft module I have on my car and use a factory one several months ago. So I went down the path already.

But you never know I could be wrong....:confused:

Back