Phantom plug?!?!

AX-MAN

I've got a vacuum leak, while taking everything back apart I found this plug just hangin out...Anyone have an idea what it went to, its coming out of the convoluted tubing that holds the injector plugs, its located near the firewall on the passenger side, although that may or may not be where its supposed to be. Oh yeah the car ran but unable to idle, no code thrown (no check engine light on) I can hear an exhaust leak and a vacuum leak, and the car seems to stumble although when I unplugged the mass air flow sensor, the car fired right up, no stumble and idled at 2,000 rpm and then dropped down until it shut off. Anyway help if you can.

Attachments

• phantom plug.jpg
    phantom plug.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 97
The egr is on the side of the throttle body? It looks just like that plug but the one that came off the side of the throttle body is black, the one in the picture is gray and too far away to plug into the throttle body. I've looked and looked keep scratchin my head on this one.

As I was just working on mine today in the same area I believe It is the connector for the Egr Do you have EGR? if not then it is not used.

That plug is for the EGR pressure sensor. It is a gray colored rectangular sensor that has to hoses that connect to the EGR tube.It is on a bracket that bolts to the intake plemun and the back of the throttle body plenum.

Back