Is there a magician in the house?

JAFO

Preferably one that can do the "2 rings" trick where you seperate 2 linked rings.
[whining on]
I'm putting new belts on my "new" SC. Figured this was a 10 minute deal and didn't really think about it when I got started. Imagine my surprise when I see that someone decided to run the lower rad. hose through the main belt! I was happy. :) Went ahead and did the other 2. I'm having a previous JB Weld rad repair fixed in a week or 2, so I'll just do this one then. I'm learning that with the configuration under the hood, you need to plan ahead and knock out whatever you can at the same time. Got to get a valve cover gasket replaced at some time too, guess I'll do plugs/wires at that time, may be easier.
[/whining off]

On the other hand, this is great! I love having the SC to do this all on. It's a labor of L-U-V.

BTW, using Dayco belts for cost purposes (read: cheap). Should I expect these things to go bad in a year? Anyone have experience with them? The ribs are kind of "perforated" or more like dashes, not regular smooth ribs.

welcome to my world

if you have to do anything on a sc look for other things that may go bad they are not work friendly

Dayco should be just fine. Keep them maintained and they'll last as long as anything.

they do that to the ribs because of the tight turns the belts must make. reduces heat and belt squirm.

Just a engineering choice.

Back