Any ideas on who or where can i get a tune for my 89sc?

FlyHighBird

does anyone make or sell something to tune non obd2 systems? i mean i heard about getting a custom chip and all..bt i dont know what to get??open for any suggestions

well wut have u done to the car for it to need at tune ?

u can message XR7 DAVE and he can help u with just about anything.

You can also use the Moates.net chip setup and the Tweecer now as well if you use the BinaryEditor software.

If you get your hands on a Tweecer RT you can even datalog your car for tuning purposes.

Shortly, Moates will have the Pegasus that will allow real time emulation and datalogging to.

If you need someone to tune your car remotely like Dave, the best setup would get the Burn1 and chip from Moates. That way you can get your tune file by email and burn the chip yourself. At least you won't have to wait for snail mail.

Frit

Last edited:
when to tune

At what point does the car need a tune? Major exhaust upgrade? Injectors, MAF? Pulleys? Fuel pump? Raised top?

E-mail Dave Dalke at supercoupesunlimited.com and tell him your mods or planned mods and he can burn a sct chip that gives you the tune for those specific mods and puts you in the ballpark for running good. Only an actually dyno tune will get the chip dead on but it'll help alot.

I was thinking about contacting him, but wanted to see if a tune was overkill for my current mods.....Raised top, headers, 2.5-3.0-2.5 exhaust, kn filter, I/C fan...nothing wild....

I think you just saved me some money. Actually, isn't there anything to be gained from a performance tune, even on a fully stock engine, not counting 'bang for the buck.'

I think you just saved me some money. Actually, isn't there anything to be gained from a performance tune, even on a fully stock engine, not counting 'bang for the buck.'

yea im sure there is.

what upgrades are u plannin on doing ? that will help us to decide if u really need a tune.

There can be some gains....

and again, SCT is not the only way to go :rolleyes:. You can have a setup that is less than $200 with a chip that supports 2 tunes and you burn it yourself. Dave (or whomever) just needs to email you the bin file(s). Sweet deal cause you can do an upgrade today, email your tuner what you want, and a few hours later if he/she is not to busy you get a bin file back which you flash to your chip, plug in and drive. No waiting to mail the chip, wait for it to be burned, then wait for it to be mailed back to you....

Anyways...

Frit

Last edited:
nods are what I wrote above, plus an early style blower pulley. Right now, nothing else scheduled. I was referrring to the tuners on the market for OBDII cars, i.e. Mustangs, etc, where you see ~10% gains in power....

I assume there is a harness to connect to PC to flash the chip. Is it done in the car, or with it out of car?

nods are what I wrote above, plus an early style blower pulley. Right now, nothing else scheduled. I was referrring to the tuners on the market for OBDII cars, i.e. Mustangs, etc, where you see ~10% gains in power....

I assume there is a harness to connect to PC to flash the chip. Is it done in the car, or with it out of car?

In our cars, you pull the chip out (SCT or others) and flash it, then plug the chip back in, which now-a-days is a small little box that plugs into your laptop via a USB cable.

Moates has the Ostrich and soon the Pegasus, that allows real time emulation, so you can make changes on the fly without even shutting down like you would with the chip setup... but thats only if your going to tune yourself.

Frit

You can also use the Moates.net chip setup and the Tweecer now as well if you use the BinaryEditor software.

If you get your hands on a Tweecer RT you can even datalog your car for tuning purposes.

Shortly, Moates will have the Pegasus that will allow real time emulation and datalogging to.

If you need someone to tune your car remotely like Dave, the best setup would get the Burn1 and chip from Moates. That way you can get your tune file by email and burn the chip yourself. At least you won't have to wait for snail mail.

Frit
nevermind.

Last edited:

Review this thread where Dave has logged his experience with a basically stock motored cars, and what mods did what during tuning.
(you have to be a member to read it.. so that might not help but you can ask him about it)
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98215&highlight=blower

Back