Just another SC with Cobra R's

Gregthespy

Well, so much for keeping the apperance stock on the DD! Although they look almost factory, not too much show. I prefer the painted much over the chrome I had on the '90 (now on the '95)
A big thanks to Flip for working with me on picking these up from him. I got them mounted and on this Saturday but due to the poor weather finally just got some pics of her washed up. The pics don't do them justice, I'll have to get it out and do a nice shoot of them soon when it's sunny.:cool:

P1010265.jpg

P1010261.jpg

P1010259.jpg

P1010260.jpg

Greg,
Those look great on your SC. :D Nice color combo with the blue.
Oh, By the way you have a very nice clean SC.

Last edited:
Looks good Greg! I see you also have a set of those Falken tires:D Are those 255/45ZR17s? What is the width of those rims?.....9"?

Bryan

Thanks for the compliments guys,
I really like the color combo, I've been getting great compliments about them. a lot of people that know the car know something is diffrent but almost cant tell these aren't the rims for this car from factory. If I get the "SC" center caps I could probably pull it off, lol!
You got it Bryan, that's the tire size and yes, they are 9" wide rims. I was somewhat supprised that they aren't nearly as sticky as the 225's that Rick had put on there before selling the car to me, but they are much smoother and tread water better than the old ones. And the stability is much better at highway speeds, just got to get used to that wide tire pull that magnifies every little variance in the road.

I also like the way your car looks. I am putting the same wheels with a Mach 1 style hood on my blue 90 SC.

I also like the way your car looks. I am putting the same wheels with a Mach 1 style hood on my blue 90 SC.
Thanks!
I've got the Mach 1 style hood sitting in my living room too. Still trying to decide if I should paint it and paint the faideing roof as well, or if I should create a mold with my stock '95's hood and modify it to fit the late model body style.

Thanks!
I've got the Mach 1 style hood sitting in my living room too. Still trying to decide if I should paint it and paint the faideing roof as well, or if I should create a mold with my stock '95's hood and modify it to fit the late model body style.

I would like to see that when its done.:D

I would like to see that when its done.
Jimmy White (Jimmy2coupes) has done it and his car's look is killer!:cool: I've done quite a bit of fiberglass work and it shouldin't be too difficult to pull off. I'm thinking of creating a mold of just the front of the old stock hood with locating points to align it onto my mach 1 hood. Apply some release agent to the mold and begin glassing, the hardest part will be the finish work. And to be honest with you, I like the looks of a hood bra, so even if it doesn't come out with a glass finish. No one will be the wiser!;)
Here's a pic of his coupe:

JimmyWhitesmach1.jpg

Last edited:
That is a great looking hood. Like you said just a little cutting, mold, glass work, etc..:D

What color is the 95?

Well, As of now the '95 is black, althought I don't think that by the time I finish it that it will be that color. I am still throwing around Ideas as far a color goes. I'm really leaning twards a really nice deep metallic/pearl blue. But have been sort of partial to dark metalic/pearl black cherry.

A little weekend project I tackled this morning was putting some chrome tips on as well as deleting the mufflers;) I'm still getting used to the sound, we'll see how long it taked for me to put some nice mufflers back on, but for now I like it. This was a good project for me to get used to TIG welding in strange positions. I got it all mocked up on the car to ensure that the tips would exit nicely and put some welds on it until I get it off the car to fully weld it. (next weekend) Put some nice 1/2 S/S rod hangers on there to hold it in place nicely. I love the look, now I need to wash her up!

Here's some pics of the tips, I'll get some of the exhaust re-routing once it's all welded and high temp coated.

P1010268.jpg

P1010269.jpg

The chrome tips look good Greg but do yourself a favor and purchase a nice set of stainless tips. The Borla SS tips are on my SC. I have chrome tips on my Cougar and they are a Falken pain to keep clean and rust free.

What TIG welder do you have? I have a Miller Econo-TIG which was purchased 2 years ago and have yet to fire it up. As a matter of fact, I just put the proper 220VAC outlet in the garage for it last month when I wired in the outlet for my powder coating oven.

Bryan

Looks great Greg, I'm envious of that dark blue, I should've painted mine that color...

... now slap a blower on that car and you'll really have some fun!

:p

What TIG welder do you have?
I picked up Flip's son's (Mike) welder which is a beast but works flawlessly and should never be outgrown, lol. It's an old Miller 320A/BP So far everything I've thrown at it it's been able to weld, I'm extremely happy with it. So as you may have guessed, lots of scraps have been making their way home with me for practice;)

I've attached a pic of it. Would you expect any less from me?:p

Attachments

• DSC00238.JPG
    DSC00238.JPG
    327 KB · Views: 75
Greg,
Need to put a handle on the top of that so you can carry it around..:D
Did you do a recirculating water setup on it? Mike always wanted to but never got around to it.

Hahahah.... a handle:rolleyes:
I'm not moving this thing again till absolutely nesisary!
The recirculator is on my list of projects, but it's not too bad to hook the hose up to it when I do some welding.

I think you have run out of workshop space:D Time to buy a bigger shop! How the welder works is more important than what it looks like. Did you run a 60 amp service out to your workshop or do you put the welder in the kitchen where the oven was:D

Bryan

Actually Bryan,
That pic was taken as soon as it landed in there, I rearranged things quite a bit and still suprisingly have a bit of room in there! I ran a direct line of 220V on a 100A breaker out to the shed and then put a secondary breaker box there where I have a 70A there, along with the breaker for the 220V compressor.
I just tell the neighbors it's a sun tanning booth with all the high intesity light comming through the cracks!:cool:

Oh yeah Bryan, If you want sometime, I could come out and we could figure out your machine a bit. I'm sure it's just got a few extra knobs but the basics are pretty easy to get set up. Do you have a pure argon bottle for it?

Last edited:
Actually Bryan,
That pic was taken as soon as it landed in there, I rearranged things quite a bit and still suprisingly have a bit of room in there! I ran a direct line of 220V on a 100A breaker out to the shed and then put a secondary breaker box there where I have a 70A there, along with the breaker for the 220V compressor.
I just tell the neighbors it's a sun tanning booth with all the high intesity light comming through the cracks!:cool:

I bet all the street lights dim a bit when you kick it on. :)

Back