Fords Supercharged Aluminator

Already did...with some improvements over those specs. ;)

newmotor.jpg

-Rod

What type of coating/paint is that under the hood?

Rod,

Yours is one of several I've seen with that great looking under-hood treatment. looks really durable. If you don't mind my asking, what is it and where can I get it? Thanks.

Don

'95 SC automatic. 196k, still strong. Bolt-on mods include SCP exhaust, Kooks shorty headers, 75mm BBK TB, C&L 76mm MAF (or vice-versa), 5% pulley, Art Carr enhanced rebuild (local shop-Art Carr parts), plan to do an "overhaulin" one of these days.;)

Jim Demmitt Jr said:
Rod

That looks nice makes the little 3.8 V6 seam like a little toy looking at that beast :) I always like those type engines after getting my 2000 Cobra R

They are expensive engines to build, but they sure do scream.

Rod,

Yours is one of several I've seen with that great looking under-hood treatment. looks really durable. If you don't mind my asking, what is it and where can I get it? Thanks.

Don

Don,

I got the materials for that years ago from a friend that owns a local body shop. I laid down a gray basecoat, then two coats of white and black flecks, before shooting three coats of clear. I'm trying to remember who makes it.

91supacoop said:
Did you use a big shoehorn to get it in there?

It is an extremely tight fit. :)

-Rod

They are expensive engines to build, but they sure do scream.

Don,

I got the materials for that years ago from a friend that owns a local body shop. I laid down a gray basecoat, then two coats of white and black flecks, before shooting three coats of clear. I'm trying to remember who makes it.

-Rod

My guess would be SEM. They make all sorts of cool paint stuff.

Ive dreamed about stuffing that engine with a KB in so many cars:rolleyes: But like Rod said, once you total up the costs just to get started :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:. BTW Rod any new plans for yours, I havent heard about it much anymore, except for that free rwhp you got when David was on the dyno:p

-Corey

Last edited:
BTW Rod any new plans for yours, I havent heard about it much anymore, except for that free rwhp you got when David was on the dyno:p

I didn't touch the car much over the winter, other than to add a driveshaft safety loop and a new stereo headunit. I drove the car to our local dinner meet last night, which is actually the first time I've driven it since early November, due to inclement weather. I do have a couple of things in the works in the horsepower department, but it will be a little while, and I'm not spilling the beans just yet. :) 5 psi just isn't enough. :D

-Rod

Rods Beast

I found a nice big artical on Rods Cougar a month ago on the net I thought it was in Super Ford cant seam to find it. It had a picture of the car and engine and told all about it (racecougar) fine powerful Cougar you have

Thanks guys. That was the April 2007 issue of Ford Builder that did an article on the XR7, back when I had a NA 4.6L DOHC in it.

-Rod

Back