AC issues

rzibilske77

Im have some issues with my ac.
All functions work properly, it blows hi...low, defrost...heater AC..etc etc.
when i have the ac on, sometimes it will blow cold...generally it will be hot not as in heater hot but just like outside temp..
Is this a sign of low freon......help...its getting hot down here in texas:p

Definite sign of low freon or other issues - is the compressor kicking in when you flip it to A/C (watch in the engine bay and see if the clutch is spinning with the A/C on HIGH [NOT AUTO]) if it's not then it's probably so low it's keeping it self off to prevent burning up the rest of the system.

Probably a leak in the A/C system somewhere usually - get a die test done and start counting the parts cost.

Rob

Make sure your fan is working properly. I was going nuts on mine after I had put my new system in and to my surprise it quit. I was not happy. Turns out it would work at speed, then as soon as I stopped no fan no AC.

Rob

Make sure your fan is working properly. I was going nuts on mine after I had put my new system in and to my surprise it quit. I was not happy. Turns out it would work at speed, then as soon as I stopped no fan no AC.

Rod,
I did check it yesterday, it worked properly.....the fan was off while i had it idling in my driveway and i turned the ac on.......fan kicked on.

Tek, thanks for the info...ill look at the compressor

Back