Roller Rockers

Chadspoon

Question for those in the know:

I just installed roller rockers that I purchased a year ago. At the time I thought they were a simple bolt in and run. After I fired it up last night I have found otherwise as my 3.8 sounds like a Diesel. So, does anybody know what pushrods I need to purchase? I have a stock cam and valve train having only changed out to the Scorpion rockers with the stock ratio.

Thanks!

I believe that rzimmerl's advice will probably work for you, but the best way to figure this out is to use the adjustable pushrod length checker (as rzimmerl mentioned in the linked thread). If you got the wrong length, it would cause delays. It could save you some hassle to get the checker first.

i also have the scorpion roller rockers. i dont know if you did other head work, but i did (blown gaskets). i also thought they were drop in parts but found out real quick that they are not. even with new rods i had to shim some and machine some... it wasnt fun. i hope you dont have this problem but be prepared for it.

Thanks for the help

I installed the Z28 pushrods and all sounds great, problem solved. Thanks for the input!

Back