Got the engine and tranny out today

Black89XR7

dsc03204da5.jpg

dsc03205ua7.jpg

dsc03206xm8.jpg

I started working on it yesterday around 4 p.m. and worked on it until 4am when i got pissed off and went to bed. Then I woke up this morning around 11 and got it out. When I took the resonator off it was completely full of coolant! I decided I am just going to do the head gaskets and head studs on this motor instead of swapping in my spare motor(unsure if it works). I also have new motor mounts, a fenco clutch and a set of 94/95 sc manifolds that are going on it. Hopefully I will see you guys at the May meet.

Last edited:
i pull the motor and tore it down in a day and gave myself a perherna so the doc said. so don't over do it! dam head bolts! ;)

Well I finally got around to pulling the engine apart...i think I should be able to reuse the stuff.:D

Head gasket Carnage
dsc03208jd2.jpg

Drivers side Bank

dsc03210qf6.jpg

Passengers side bank

dsc03209st7.jpg

Cylinder #4

dsc03211sc6.jpg

cylinder #3

dsc03212lm2.jpg

dsc03213hm8.jpg

Both motor mounts

The firing ring is also messed up on the head gaskets on cylinder #1 and cylinder #6.

well you have to love previous owners....
The other day I took the fenders and bumper off to check out the rust issue and found:

dsc03220ue8.jpg

dsc03219xg7.jpg

Keep in mind the inner fender was covered with over and inch of bondo and painted black to hide it. I was looking at it and i was like hmm the paint is cracking right here and the more i looked at it I saw sanding scratches so I hit it with a hammer and a bunch of bondo flaked off.

Back