Twin Turbo Sc Pics

Miller

ALRadiatorDevelopment136-1.jpg

ALRadiatorDevelopment137.jpg

ALRadiatorDevelopment138.jpg

ALRadiatorDevelopment145.jpg

ALRadiatorDevelopment146.jpg

ALRadiatorDevelopment136.jpg

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i57.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid57.photobucket.com/albums/g217/lyli11er/Picture101-1.flv">

Duffy had them from the Roush Museum and sent them out to some people to resize them and post them.

Looks cool, wonder how much power it made?

Dont know...but those are the OLD school valve covers off of the NA cars from back in the 80s, I have a set here and was actually wishing I had a set of turbo's to do that to another car.

Chris

Yeah all it resembles a SC engine is the displacement. Still very nice.
Imagine that was the SC engine to be.

Those look like Ko3s or Ko4s like they put on VW 1.8T motors. That setup may be good for up to about 400 hp.

I have those pictures in large size. On the turbo is this number cast into the intake tube:
E3ZE SC674-AD

The turbo says AiResearch M11 on the compressor housing.

Intake manifold bolts appear the same. Heads don't appear to have SC stamped on them, but not sure it would be visible. Certainly aluminum heads. Intake manifold is quite custom.

hmmmm.....

Im not too crazy about the intercooler design. After working with the kit I bought for my 4.6L Mustang, the intercooler has a better design all together. I just think this one could flow better if it had "necks" on it to plug into on each end. I am overall very impressed with the twin turbo setup.;)

That looks to be one of the race campaign motors for the 1983 ‘mustang lightweight’ cars. If I remember correctly they made about 450hp. My brother has one of the only ‘lightweights’ that was released to the public (a ragtop with an NA motor im afraid.) The cars are easy to tell when looking under the hood, the engines are pushed back well into the firewall leaving almost 2’ between the engine and radiator (to accommodate the turbos) and they drive as though they were on rails.

I dont see the spark plug wires lasting too long if they are supposed to lay on top of the manifold like that lol

Back