Flasher relay

XxSlowpokexX

Does a 94-95 sc have the 3 or two prong flasher..Is it square or round....Funny at the auto parts store it has both listed///

Thanks

My 90 and I'm pretty sure my 93 have the turn signal module that is located behind the lower dash on the right of the steering column. It's not round, and it's more of a rectangle... bumpy.

turn on your hazards and reach under the dash. You'll find it. It clicks and the vibrations can be felt through the housing.

like i said, aftermarket is non existent... autozone, kragen, dont carry motorcraft parts besides spark plugs and oil filters and oil...

are there two relays maybe? I wanted to swap it out for a variable voltage one but I'm thinking I may just have to modify the factory one if thats it

I can most likely modify the circuit inside the relay..Or just wires in a different one which I want to avoid.........unbelievable./......ford<!!

Adding a LED flasher is on my list of to-do items before the car comes out of winter hibernation... I'm going to assume that Ford only carries a stock replacement flasher and not one for LEDs?

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the flasher? It shouldn't be hard to make an adapter harness to utilize a standard off-the-shelf electronic flasher.

Vince

You can use a load resistor, but I don't like that option. One of the advantages of LEDs is their extremely low current draw; using a load resistor somewhat negates that. I want to run an adjustable rate electronic flasher.

Vince

WOW---I had not even encountered a problem in this part of the car yet but I can tell you there will be no 40 dollar flasher units replaced in my car---thats craziness-----I will be looking into this, there will be a simple solution soon-----LOL................Dan

Exactly..Adding resistors negates the adding LED's. When I get time I will most likely rip apart a stock relay and see if I can modify it to work

Build a constant current source. LED's like that. and run it off the 12v from the blinker. thus no lost power.

Build a constant current source. LED's like that. and run it off the 12v from the blinker. thus no lost power.

That can, of course, be done. It also requires building a flasher circuit along with the CC source. I'm hoping to figure out a simple "plug and blink" solution so that any regular electronic flasher will work.

Vince

Back