What are these plugs?

Evan_90SC

In the process of taking down the rear subwoofer, I found these plugs tucked away by the rear wheelwell. They go under the seat and allong the edge and up towards the front of the car. I would guess they are something audio related, but I am not an electrical guy, and I'm not going to rip apart the interior to see where they go. :cool: Any guesses on what they are?

Attachments

• Plugs.JPG
    Plugs.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 79
  • Plugs 2.JPG
    Plugs 2.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 87
Im probably wrong but they remind me of the Late 80's style of mobile phones...Maybe not though....

My grandfather had one installed in his 85 Camry for $4000 back in 1989.....He wanted it removed by a shop in 1995 and was quoted $700 to remove....It was junked with the car in 1997......

So those ends would go to the phone? Where do the other ends go then? Why would someone want to plug in the phone in the trunk? Haha :). Maybe it was for the phone that some of these cars had up in the center by the passenger seat...?

Im guessin the trunk had some sort of server/antenna/early..pc.. type a thing in the trunk...Ours was located on the passenger side hump under the dash....

My grandfather had a mobile phone since 1978...He was a private investigator......I loved as a kid clicking the different channels and hearing everyones phone conversations....Back then though I never heard anything raunchy or much swearing though........

Back