PDA

View Full Version : What are these plugs?

Evan_90SC
04-20-2008, 08:13 PM
In the process of taking down the rear subwoofer, I found these plugs tucked away by the rear wheelwell. They go under the seat and allong the edge and up towards the front of the car. I would guess they are something audio related, but I am not an electrical guy, and I'm not going to rip apart the interior to see where they go. :cool: Any guesses on what they are?

f1rocco
04-20-2008, 08:36 PM
Im probably wrong but they remind me of the Late 80's style of mobile phones...Maybe not though....

My grandfather had one installed in his 85 Camry for $4000 back in 1989.....He wanted it removed by a shop in 1995 and was quoted $700 to remove....It was junked with the car in 1997......

Jason Wild
04-20-2008, 08:43 PM
yes that was for a phone that would have been in there at some time my car has one as well.

Evan_90SC
04-20-2008, 08:48 PM
So those ends would go to the phone? Where do the other ends go then? Why would someone want to plug in the phone in the trunk? Haha :). Maybe it was for the phone that some of these cars had up in the center by the passenger seat...?

f1rocco
04-20-2008, 08:55 PM
Im guessin the trunk had some sort of server/antenna/early..pc.. type a thing in the trunk...Ours was located on the passenger side hump under the dash....

My grandfather had a mobile phone since 1978...He was a private investigator......I loved as a kid clicking the different channels and hearing everyones phone conversations....Back then though I never heard anything raunchy or much swearing though........