Found Brake Leak, Need Help Identifying Part

rickbtbird

I found where my brake leak is. There's a manifold/Block below the ABS unit to the left of the steering arm with a sensor is screwed in. It seems to be leaking from there. Does anybody know what part that is? Sorry for the blurry photos but I was under the car on my back.

Attachments

• block1.jpg
    block1.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 338
  • block.jpg
    block.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 413
Brake part

I think this is it.

Testing Warning Light System
If the parking brake light is connected into the service brake warning light system, the brake warning light will flash only when the parking brake is applied with the ignition turned ON. The same light will also glow should one of the two service brake systems fail when the brake pedal is applied.
To test the system, turn the ignition on and apply the parking brake. If the lamp fails to light, inspect for a burned out bulb, disconnected socket, a broken or disconnected wire at the switch.
Fig. 7 is an exterior view of one of these switches. They are usually mounted on the left frame side rail or on the brake pedal bracket.
To test the brake warning system, raise the car and open a wheel bleeder valve while a helper depresses the brake pedal and observes the warning light on the instrument panel. If the bulb fails to light, inspect for a burned out bulb, disconnected socket, or a broken or disconnected wire at the switch. If the bulb is not burned out, and the wire continuity is proven, replace the brake warning switch.
Brake Fluid Pressure Sensor/Switch
. ABS Pressure Switch
. .
. . Pressure Switch . E7SZ2C244A
. $231.53

Attachments

• 42311277.gif
    42311277.gif
    9.4 KB · Views: 401
  • 42277123.gif
    42277123.gif
    90 KB · Views: 1,838
Last edited:
Thanks, that's one expensive switch! I think I got one on Rock Auto for less then half that price.
Found a better picture of one, also inside the block too.

Attachments

• abs-pressureswitch.jpg
    abs-pressureswitch.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 427
Last edited:
Part number for that one is F0SZ 3N824 A. They are still available from Ford. The 2C244 is the one that goes right in to the main assembly.

cheers
Ed N.

hmm....

isn't that the arc pressure switch????400# of brake pressure it will close circuit, and activate firm ride
If im wrong let me know

That is the pressure switch for the ARC system, but it screws in to the brake proportioning valve. Tells the ARC system when you stomp on the brake pedal!!

cheers
Ed N.

Back