PDA

View Full Version : Parting out my '89 XR7 5-spd (added prices - make an offer)

Pablo94SC
04-21-2008, 06:47 PM
I'm listing the car for $800 (OBO) for whoever wants to come and take it off my hands. It's black/grey cloth. It was a train car/daily driver for most of it's life and it's age is showing on the exterior. Interior is in good shape if you don't count the cracked dash. The engine (160k miles) and trans are in great condition and serviced regularly once I got the car. Recently tuned with new plugs/wires, fuel filter, hoses, belts, O2 sensors, and cam sensor (less than 3k miles). Car ran great until the balancer fell off. I just don't feel like fixing it since I have my hands full rebuilding my SC and I'm picking up a Saab for a daily driver.

Some additional details - Two new rear tires (maybe 500 miles on them), all tires mounted on 35th Anny wheels. Also have the XR7 wheels that will go with the car (need to be refinished).

If I get enough interest and decent offers, I'll part it out. I won't be shipping large items, so unless you plan on picking them up, please don't ask. Things I'll be able to quickly take off the car are the following (prices do not include shipping fees):

1. Blower (has about 80k on it) - $100
2. DIS - $50
3. Coil Pack - $50
4. B&M shifter - $140
5. Front grill (great shape) - $40 (includes bracket)
6. Tensioners - $15 each
7. Compressor - $50
8. Radiator - $100
9. VMM (bezel is in good shape, clips held on with tape) - $20
10. Coin/Cup holder (the Taurus one) - $15
11. 94/95 auto-dimming rearview mirror - $20
12. Autolite Plug wires (< 3000 miles) - $20
13. 70mm MAF - $20
14. Autozone Cone filter.... (big pimpin' with this thing... LOL) - $15
15. Washer reservior - $10
16. '93 Multifunction switch (looks good... not faded) - $25
17. Window regulators (recently rebuilt) - $20 each
18. Four Kenwood 2-way speakers (either 5x8 or 6x9, they fit the factory locations) - $50 for all 4
19. 5-spd center console (average shape) - $50
20. O2 sensors (< 500 miles) - $50
21. Trunk light bar (the non-lighting part on the trunk itself) - $40
22. ABS master cylinder unit (w/ new accumulator) - $500 (OBO)

If parted out, I will NOT be selling the alternator, battery, belts, hoses, and rear sway bar. They will go to the SC. Also will not pull/sell exterior parts (except the grill) until I'm ready to send the body to the scrapyard, so be patient on those please.

Make me a reasonable offer and add shipping to your location from 11356. PM please for inquiries, offers, and picture requests as I rarely check threads for replies. Thanks.

Paul

Pablo94SC
04-22-2008, 12:01 AM
MadMikeyL... your PM box is full. But to answer your query, I have the center caps, the wheels are a little faded, and I have no need for LSC wheels. If you want the wheels, you'll have to help me find a way to mount the tires onto the XR7 wheels since the car isn't driveable and I'm not leaving it on blocks on a NYC street.

For everyone, I'm not interested in trading parts for parts. Thanks for looking.

the-big-e
04-22-2008, 10:55 AM
I'd take it if I culd find a way to get it to NC.....

Pablo94SC
04-22-2008, 11:08 AM
I'd take it if I culd find a way to get it to NC.....

You know you want it...

the-big-e
04-22-2008, 01:27 PM
Damn straight......:p

If you're heading this way, could you could drag it down to me....:p

What shape is the under-carriage in.....

Any rust.....

Can you work with me on this......:rolleyes:

Seuss
04-22-2008, 01:41 PM
Is the rear seat the fold down version? I am looking for that in grey cloth and think they only came like that on XR7's.

the-big-e
04-22-2008, 06:04 PM
Hey Dave....

Want to go in as partners on it then....

Pablo94SC
04-22-2008, 11:33 PM
Is the rear seat the fold down version? I am looking for that in grey cloth and think they only came like that on XR7's.

No, they aren't fold down rear seats. Only Leather are fold down IIRC.

I'm not dragging the car down south. It does have rust on the undercarriage though, but that should be expected of a 19yr old daily driver from NY/NJ. It is what it is. Like I said, I'd rather sell to someone that wants to drive it for a few more years than part it out, but whatever happens, happens.

Pablo94SC
04-27-2008, 02:12 AM
bump to the top...

MadMikeyL
04-27-2008, 07:32 PM
How much for the 35th wheels? I'll happily swap the tires onto the XR7 wheels for you, or trade you a set of chrome MarkVIII LSC wheels, so you could still sell the car whole. Let me know. Thanks.

Mike