May Meeting

CougarXR/7

OKAY...............May is getting closer. THIS MEETING IS IN THE CHICAGOLAND AREA.

So........the dates open to us are Sunday the 4th and the 18th.

Memorial Day weekend is out and I'm sure Mother's Day is out.

A suggestion for a location from SCbird1 is Arrowhead lake in Palos Heights.

It has been well over a year since we met there.

So......voice your choice on date or possibly an other location.

I will again donate a rear brace and possibly a 1989 S.C. throttle body as door prizes.

Last edited:
May

It was great seeing you both there Sunday Frank ..........and your cousin winning the door prize too.

yeah that lucky bastard, lol!! Ive already changed my car since sunday, i got the chrome lettering across the windshield and the third brake light cover and i put a cold air intake on the car, i did keep all the stock items tho!!!

Hey CougarXR/7,
I dont mind you guys posting on the Iowa board, but PLEASE, when you post upcoming events for your area, post that these meetings and events are in Chicago area so that new BBS visitors, and new Iowa member won't think the the Iowa SC Club is meeting in Illinois. :)

April

Sorry.....I'll be sure to mention that and do so in the future. Didn't mean to cause a problem. Ron

Last edited:
Sorry.....I'll be sure to mention that and do so in the future. Didn't mean to cause a problem. Ron
You're not causing a problem, I just want to make sure that there is no confusionon anyone's part. :eek:

One suggestion: in the thread title you might do something like .... "May Meeting - Chicago" or "May Meeting - Illinois"

I do this on several boards where they only have a "Midwest" or Generic "Ford" thread.

Ok....beyond the Lake..........any other suggestions?

Date? So far the 18th looks to be the Sunday we'll meet at 1:00.

May

Any more suggestions?........at all?

The owners at Lindy and Gertie's have asked we return anytime.

IF, we meet at the lake, bring lawn chairs if you like.

IF, we don't grill....there are many local fast food places within a mile or so of the lake.

May

OK............Sunday May the 18th at 1:00 at Arrowhead lake in Palos Heights.

It's EAST of Harlem Ave. and NORTH of 135th Street.

IF..........the weather turns bad............where would we meet?

May

Okay......if the weather turns bad on us.......it's back to Lindy and Gerties.

Check the May meeting information at TCCoA as well.

May

Well.................long story short........I have 7 tons of gravel coming Friday for my new patio and hope to spread n compact it Saturday.

The patio blocks are due shortly so..............I maybe there Sunday for an hour or so IF it's not raining.

Also .........with the rain locally so far this week..........is meeting at the lake the best right now? I know it's going to be muddy.

If it's raining..........I'll stop at the lake first..........then Lindy and Gerties.

Meeting

Saturday's weather was fantastic..................Sunday will be cool and cloudy but no rain...........I hope. 90% of the new patio is completed and we'll do some minor things Sunday. We may just finish off what remains next weekend.

My car may not be very clean, but I hope to arrive about 12:30 or so at the lake. We'll be near the water this time.

May

We had a good turn out, some new faces and we may have set another record for longest meeting as well.

Thanks to all.................Ron

Back