NO low end power--help

dracer56

I have a huge problem,, my car has NO low end power,, off the line, it wouldnt even spin the tires on wet pavement if I tried! After it gets going, it feels ok.. The Taurus 3.8L next to me blew me away today!!

The dealer says everythings fine, but I dont think they know SC's worth of crap. The supercharger sounds fine, and the guage works well, the motor sounds and works fine, everything seems fine, its just slow as hell off the line,, it feels like i'm taking off in second gear (auto) even though first is working fine.

It is almost shifting down going up hills now, which it never did before.. Does anyone know what could be wrong?? The motor was replaced by ford 10k ago, so that should be fine..

Thanks

speed_racer58@hotmail.com

Try to start the shifter in first when u take of then when your rpm's get up there then shift it up into drive and that might get it to take off the line a little better. but i am not sure why it wont do it now. hope this helps.
Matt

thanks for the help, but the problem is mechanical, something is causing this car to not have power,, any SC, especially an auto with 3.73 should have more takeoff than a dodge neon, and this one doesn't!

low power at start

I have a 5 speed 90 sc, bought off showroom floor.
I was having problem similiar to yours, car was even stalling when pulling into parking space with clutch disengaged, turned out the fuel pump in tank was shot. Once replaced car ran like new.
Don't know if this applies to you or not, good luck.

your [our] problem

How did this problem start? Had you made any mods to the car prior to the symptoms? My SC is similarly gutless. Low-end torque is almost nil. I have to feather the clutch to get the damn thing to move. With this 100F heat she wont turn the tyres to save it's own life :(

I changed several dozen things at one time about a year ago and the car hasn't driven as well since. I did change out my fuel pump to a new 190lph at that time. Fuel pressure looks good, but who knows with these cars. Perhaps you should check yours (affix a gauge to the stem on the fuel rail after you remove the valve) and observe the pressure.

I've reversed just about all the mods but the fuel pump itself. Perhaps I should just do it and see what happens.

Let us know how it turns out.

I will keep diggin to find out what the problem is.. Thanks for the help guys,, i'll let ya know how it turns out!!

D

Back