Ford Muscle Weight/HP and Gear ratio/ RPM & Compression (Calculators)

I like that one, seems pretty accurate. According to the horsepower that my car makes, It says I should run 12.7's. Best I did so far was 14.6 with no traction through 1st or 2nd at all.

Jim,

To run an 8.80 at 3300 lbs. the calculator says:

Your engine is making approximately 850.41 HP at the wheels, and about 1003.49 HP at the flywheel (assumes 18% drivetrain loss and good traction).

Do you think that's possible with a modded M90 blower ?

David

Jim,

Your engine is making approximately 850.41 HP at the wheels, and about 1003.49 HP at the flywheel (assumes 18% drivetrain loss and good traction).

David

For Jim to run his "claimed" 9.98 run, he would need 583 rwhp at 3300 lbs, is that possible with a modded m90?

Jim,

David

David

8.80et its not as easy as we think but we are on the right track the new combo with modded M90 blower can get there. I left a little info in Nor-Cal to better understand with first test run time. Its like land speed racing you cant do it overnight takes lots of testing and lots of runs with up's and down's. These calculators are never correct as we all know but the one compression calculator is neat

Last edited:
David

8.80et its not as easy as we think but we are on the right track the new combo with modded M90 blower can get there. I left a little info in Nor-Cal to better understand with first test run time. Its like land speed racing you cant do it overnight takes lots of testing and lots of runs with up's and down's. These calculators are never correct as we all know but the one compression calculator is neat

Jim,

I understand that it's not going to be easy. Even with a tighter helix and teflon tipped rotors, the M90 will only move a certian amount of air per revolution. Seems to me you would need a blower nearly twice as big to provide the air needed to support the kind of power you need. Even with a 40% overdrive and oxyegenated fuel....it should be coming up way short.

Am I missing something that would help explain how it can be done ?

David

PS: I thought 9.52 was your best time :confused:

Jim,

I understand that it's not going to be easy. Even with a tighter helix and teflon tipped rotors, the M90 will only move a certian amount of air per revolution. Seems to me you would need a blower nearly twice as big to provide the air needed to support the kind of power you need. Even with a 40% overdrive and oxyegenated fuel....it should be coming up way short.

Am I missing something that would help explain how it can be done ?

David

PS: I thought 9.52 was your best time :confused:

Dave posted info to your question in Nor-Cal trying not to get the boards all messed up its better down there

Back