filter before pcv valve

wantan17

if I remember right, dave neibert did this. what kind of filter(dimensions) and hoses did you use. did you have to use an elbow or anything

From most of the setups I've heard described, you can use an inline fuel filter. You can pick them up at most parts stores and most of the time, they come with 2 small pieces of hose and clamps.

Device to catch the crud that the PCV Valve picks up.

I made a catch bottle device that seperates all that liquid and solid crud that the PCV valve normally picks up and injects into your engine. All it is is a small mason jar with two copper tubes soldered through the top. One straight in the center just through the top and one that comes down about two inches and curves around the inside edge of the jar for about a half a turn. Connect the straight tube via rubber hose to the vacuum fitting and the curved one to the PCV valve replacing the stock tubing. As the material is sucked into the jar in a spinning motion, the solid and liquid stuff is spun out of the flow of air and is deposited in the bottom of the jar. Mount the jar in your fenderwell down low where you can reach it through the foglight opening to periodically empty the jar. Works like a charm!

Back