problems with my 90 SC

TallahasseeSC

Ok i just bought another 90 sc and i was driving it home and ran into a few problems...

first it started over heating but if i kept the motor around 2500 rpms it would run warm but not hot, but would if i ran at higher or lower rpms. the guy said he just replaced the water pump. any ideas why its doing this?

second, i was stoped at a light and the motor was running slightly warm then as i took off the motor spit then ran rough, spit again, and shut off. it had oil pressure and the motor still turns over but wont start. i was thinking maybe timeing chain?

When you say it was running hot, where was the needle? How far did you have to drive it like that? From the information you give, it could be possible that you overheated it and blew headgaskets. You got water in the cylinders and it sputtered and died. But, I would guess if that was the culprit you would have smelled coolant and seen a bunch of white smoke out the back. If you have overheated it and lost compression, it could sound different then normal when cranking it over, like way too easy to turn over. Check the fuel schraeder valve on the fuel rail with the key turned halfway, fuel should spit out pretty good. Will it start after its cooled down?

I would say there are several things it could be but it is pretty hard to say. Kinda sounds like the coolant is low on it for starters.

Last edited:
Highly doubt its the timing chain. I have yet to hear of anyone here that snapped one of those.

You could have blew the head gaskets, and you don't neccessarily get the white smoke syndrom either.

Frit

I think the DIS module got hot when it over heated....

Have you tried to start it after it had cooled down.....

Back