PDA

View Full Version : (9.747et at 139.208mph) first run on new setup

Jim Demmitt Jr
04-22-2008, 06:27 PM
We are back on line

The Silver Bullet fired up for the first time with new combo :-) We are going to do dyno test tonight. The team got her fired up this morning did fuel tests we are now running the new VP fuel with big gaines from the Q10. Dan is going to do a systems check change injector size add more fuel valume. The car is making some serious power over the old setup cant waite to see the test results

Things are looking good now for the West Coast Gang

(Update) 9:34pm 4/22/08

We may be going out Wed Night 23rd make a couple 1/8 mile passes and if track is tight and safe may make two pass under full power. Looking for 8.800et or quicker will try to get on post before we go out if I have enough time

David Neibert
04-23-2008, 01:34 PM
We are back on line

The Silver Bullet fired up for the first time with new combo :-) We are going to do dyno test tonight. The team got her fired up this morning did fuel tests we are now running the new VP fuel with big gaines from the Q10. Dan is going to do a systems check change injector size add more fuel valume. The car is making some serious power over the old setup cant waite to see the test results

Things are looking good now for the West Coast Gang

(Update) 9:34pm 4/22/08

We may be going out Wed Night 23rd make a couple 1/8 mile passes and if track is tight and safe may make two pass under full power. Looking for 8.800et or quicker will try to get on post before we go out if I have enough time

Jim,

Good luck. What track are you going to ?

David

Jim Demmitt Jr
04-23-2008, 11:57 PM
Thanks David

We got a test run in and the track is junk slippery mid track but we made a good enough run to check the data. The new engine combo with Dan's new fuel injection to run the new VP M5 fuel you can feel the power differance. It left good with a nice 60ft and good 1/8 mile when I pulled second gear it was moving around good spinning the tires but still pulling hard. Dan is going to go through the run data get a nice bace tune. We are going to take the car to Jim Hill have the headers modified as to use differaint length collectors. We need to change trans gear ratio as well and a few other things

Our next mission is Infinion Raceway where its preped good next to the coast I feel once this setup is dialed in we may reach our goal in one pice I hope. I would like to get Dan Sly out here as he offerd to video the runs and to be able to meet him when we get ready to go to Infinion. At least we got it from A to B to see where we are at and what we have to do next

dwayne
04-24-2008, 12:33 AM
glad to here that,be safe.

Jim Demmitt Jr
04-24-2008, 01:07 AM
glad to here that,be safe.

Thanks Pap

2008 season is just getting underway we are happy with the 9.747et using the 9.989et for a backup. Now with good solid run we have data to tune by with a better bite track and better weather conditions and a few gear changes etc. Next time out well see what this beast can do right side up cross my fingers :-)

95badbird
04-24-2008, 08:23 AM
Thanks David

We got a test run in and the track is junk slippery mid track but we made a good enough run to check the data. The new engine combo with Dan's new fuel injection to run the new VP M5 fuel you can feel the power differance. It left good with a nice 60ft and good 1/8 mile when I pulled second gear it was moving around good spinning the tires but still pulling hard. Dan is going to go through the run data get a nice bace tune. We are going to take the car to Jim Hill have the headers modified as to use differaint length collectors. We need to change trans gear ratio as well and a few other things

Our next mission is Infinion Raceway where its preped good next to the coast I feel once this setup is dialed in we may reach our goal in one pice I hope. I would like to get Dan Sly out here as he offerd to video the runs and to be able to meet him when we get ready to go to Infinion. At least we got it from A to B to see where we are at and what we have to do next

So where exactly did you run the car?

What track did you go to?

XR7 Dave
04-24-2008, 08:49 AM
Nice reaction time there. :p

Glad to see the car's back together and running strong. 139mph is flat moving!

MagpoweredSC
04-24-2008, 09:00 AM
Forgive me for asking but what is Q10 and M5 ; gasoline?, alky, Nitro mix?

Team SBR never ceases to amaze me. :eek:
Now if only you could make it to Dayton next weekend, that would be awesome.

David Neibert
04-24-2008, 10:30 AM
:eek: 112 in the 1/8 is really haulin azz.

I've sorta lost track of what your combo is....can you make a breif list of what changes were made since running 10.6.

David

David Neibert
04-24-2008, 02:45 PM
Forgive me for asking but what is Q10 and M5 ; gasoline?, alky, Nitro mix?

Team SBR never ceases to amaze me. :eek:
Now if only you could make it to Dayton next weekend, that would be awesome.

METHANOL

M1
M1 Racing Methanol has a 99.95% minimum purity - the highest purity available in the U.S. With M1, engines run cooler and are less subject to corrosion. VP uses only lined drums which prohibit rust, corrosion and metal deposits that can contaminate fuel delivery systems. Recommended for all methanol-legal racing applications.

M3
Like M1, M3 starts with methanol of the highest purity, but includes lubrication and combustion additives for an extra boost. M3 offers a wider range of jetting options, making jetting easier and more consistent. For bracket racers, variations in ET from run to run will be substantially reduced. With better tuning and cleaner, more efficient combustion, M3 makes more power and yields better throttle response than any standard methanol on the market. M3's improved combustion also reduces the noxious fumes associated with methanol fuels, so it's much easier on the eyes and nose. For 60-70% of methanol applications, M3 won't require jetting or timing changes-just pour it in and get an immediate performance improvement in all areas. In the other 30-40%, M3's added vaporization may actually hurt volumetric efficiency and performance, which is what lead to the development of M5. M3 is not pure methanol and won't pass a water test.

NEW! M5
M5 is simply the best performing methanol on the market. Using nitrated compounds to make more power than M3, M5 will also offer the same or better protection against detonation. Like M3, M5 offers a wider range for tuning and will offer the same consistency run to run as M3. M5 also reduces noxious methanol fumes, although not quite as well as M3. M5 is not pure methanol and won't pass a water test.

MagpoweredSC
04-24-2008, 09:37 PM
Methanol :cool:

Thanks Dave N

Jim Demmitt Jr
04-24-2008, 09:46 PM
:eek: 112 in the 1/8 is really haulin azz.

I've sorta lost track of what your combo is....can you make a breif list of what changes were made since running 10.6.

David

David

The new combo after the 9.989et run is new shortblock 1/2 stroker with bigger bore. Switched to a 2 speed Lenco drive same heads with new Ferrea titanium intake valves. Switched to % of Methanol the car is blowing the tires loose in high gear. Once we get it dialed in that next milestone 8's is looking better. The 9.520et run it dident have 330 or 1/8 mile we felt it was not right to post it. Sence we ran the 9.989et run we feel anything in between that and the 8's is just stepping stones

We are on the right track now just change a couple of things get to a better track that will take the power

Jim Demmitt Jr
04-24-2008, 09:50 PM
Nice reaction time there. :p

Glad to see the car's back together and running strong. 139mph is flat moving!

I know Snoozing :-) I rolled in to deep knock the top light out it would have been a quicker ET if I would of shallow staged

Miller
04-24-2008, 10:15 PM
Jim. Does this Modded M90, still have the same displacement, or did you have it Beefed up. I cant picture you spending money on a new rotor pack thats the same size. My guess is you had that mofo stretched out a big and yous got quite a bit more then the 90 in thur.

Young-SC-Owner
04-24-2008, 10:35 PM
any engine pics?

Jim Demmitt Jr
04-24-2008, 10:48 PM
Jim. Does this Modded M90, still have the same displacement, or did you have it Beefed up. I cant picture you spending money on a new rotor pack thats the same size. My guess is you had that mofo stretched out a big and yous got quite a bit more then the 90 in thur.

Miller

Thanks for moving your post down here in Nor-cal. The blower is a 95 M90 case modified machined bigger and 1" spacer plate and special back plate. The rotors are bigger 1" longer and more % twist with tefflon seals I call it Retro M90 at a high cost

It takes a lot to run as quick as we shooting for and being stock IRS is adding more trouble to the factor but I know it can be done with it. We found out with the IRS track condition is very importaint slippery tracks is not a fun deal at 139mph

Miller
04-24-2008, 10:51 PM
your gonna rip the IRS out eventually right ? Youv slowly done everything you said no to- stroker- meth ect. Do you think the ris is holding you back, or just risking your life a bit

Jim Demmitt Jr
04-24-2008, 11:34 PM
your gonna rip the IRS out eventually right ? Youv slowly done everything you said no to- stroker- meth ect. Do you think the ris is holding you back, or just risking your life a bit

It may get to that point, but I still like to see a stock IRS suspension SC run low 9's to me its the real deal. I think we are nearing that point of suspension control going over the limit with the IRS well keep plugging at it

dwayne
04-25-2008, 12:35 AM
You All Will Get It.

95badbird
04-25-2008, 08:34 AM
Why are you avoiding my question Jim?

mannysc
04-25-2008, 10:58 AM
because he can!!

he runs at the local track I think i sacremento ca maybe wrong but whats the big deal where he runs

I gp all the way to firebird raceway in arizona to run mine . dont like to be recognized when testing new parts.

when ive got it tued i go to fontana which is 13 miles from me .

anywho hey jim great news I have to come see you soon maybe we can get pap to come down and we can all go get some of that great food you have up north

95badbird
04-25-2008, 11:46 AM
because he can!!

he runs at the local track I think i sacremento ca maybe wrong but whats the big deal where he runs
I gp all the way to firebird raceway in arizona to run mine . dont like to be recognized when testing new parts.

when ive got it tued i go to fontana which is 13 miles from me .

anywho hey jim great news I have to come see you soon maybe we can get pap to come down and we can all go get some of that great food you have up north

so maybe the track can verify his runs....since he won't.

Takes more than a time slip to prove times that someone runs.
you know, like video, or ???

95badbird
04-25-2008, 11:47 AM
You All Will Get It.

get what exactly?

pablon2
04-25-2008, 12:18 PM
METHANOL

M1
M1 Racing Methanol has a 99.95% minimum purity - the highest purity available in the U.S. With M1, engines run cooler and are less subject to corrosion. VP uses only lined drums which prohibit rust, corrosion and metal deposits that can contaminate fuel delivery systems. Recommended for all methanol-legal racing applications.

M3
Like M1, M3 starts with methanol of the highest purity, but includes lubrication and combustion additives for an extra boost. M3 offers a wider range of jetting options, making jetting easier and more consistent. For bracket racers, variations in ET from run to run will be substantially reduced. With better tuning and cleaner, more efficient combustion, M3 makes more power and yields better throttle response than any standard methanol on the market. M3's improved combustion also reduces the noxious fumes associated with methanol fuels, so it's much easier on the eyes and nose. For 60-70% of methanol applications, M3 won't require jetting or timing changes-just pour it in and get an immediate performance improvement in all areas. In the other 30-40%, M3's added vaporization may actually hurt volumetric efficiency and performance, which is what lead to the development of M5. M3 is not pure methanol and won't pass a water test.

NEW! M5
M5 is simply the best performing methanol on the market. Using nitrated compounds to make more power than M3, M5 will also offer the same or better protection against detonation. Like M3, M5 offers a wider range for tuning and will offer the same consistency run to run as M3. M5 also reduces noxious methanol fumes, although not quite as well as M3. M5 is not pure methanol and won't pass a water test.

I picked up some methanol at a performance engine shop. It says 'Methanol CP' on the outside of the can. What does 'CP' mean?

mywhite89
04-25-2008, 12:29 PM
I picked up some methanol at a performance engine shop. It says 'Methanol CP' on the outside of the can. What does 'CP' mean?

"controlled psycho" thats some mean stuff!:rolleyes:

David Neibert
04-25-2008, 02:08 PM
Jim,

I'd really like to see some pictures of that blower, especially the rotor pack.

David

Miller
04-25-2008, 03:04 PM
groupieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

MagpoweredSC
04-25-2008, 03:39 PM
well i thinks I see Duffy coming with a padlock for this one.:rolleyes::D

95badbird
04-25-2008, 03:50 PM
well i thinks I see Duffy coming with a padlock for this one.:rolleyes::D

No need for link such as this

ricardoa1
04-25-2008, 03:54 PM
I dont think the S/C qualifies as an M90 anymore, but if you can get away with it I guess Ill stop calling my M112 "M112" and calling it a modified M90 so I can get into the SCCOA rules....:D

Did you custom make the rotors from scratch or are you using 2 sets of M62 rotors?

Jim Demmitt Jr
04-25-2008, 09:34 PM
Thanks Manny

I think once Kurt Nor-cal Moderator sees this he will do a clean up It never ends its like the Ball Baby Chevy guys cry all the time. To the others be proud you even have a 9 second SC

The reason I posted this in this club forum was to control the BS as always comes when you run quick into the record books

Miller
04-25-2008, 09:37 PM
what BS. He asked what track you ran at, because all you posted was a time slip that you hacked up with a pair of scissors. You called up on rich, why not say the track u ran if he wants to call let him call JimboJones.

Jim Demmitt Jr
04-25-2008, 11:04 PM
what BS. He asked what track you ran at, because all you posted was a time slip that you hacked up with a pair of scissors. You called up on rich, why not say the track u ran if he wants to call let him call JimboJones.

I dident see this, who asked?

I just noticed all the BS I think everbody knows what track I run at but I guess it takes more than a 5 year old brain like yours to figure it out. As for the track go to my new thread and for the remark about the time slip you made. The lady at the time slip booth ripped the extra pice off. When you run a single run the time slip sheet is blank one side. I forgot you need to be a true drag racer to know that much

Ddubb
04-25-2008, 11:55 PM
get what exactly?

A Schmoke and a Pancake.

- Dan

dwayne
04-26-2008, 12:36 AM
i have a time slip from charlotte motor speedway,mile and a half track,that i ran my 2.8 v6 82 S10 TRUCK RAN IT IN 37.O9 SECONDS.to put a stop to the bs on jim,does anyone know how to splice a camcorder tape and put it back together.this one tape means a lot to me was my last trip in my big rig out west.i dont want the tape screwed up,jims run is on it,i'll do this to the tape .but will only send it to someone i can trust with it and send it back.just post on here.