Water\Power Steering Pump Removal

rickbtbird

95 TbirdSC. I got a new water pump and power steering pump and I started the tear down this afternoon. Anything I should know that the book doesn't mention. I'm getting ready to remove the accessory bracket. I'm assuming I should I pull the power steering pulley off before I remove the bracket.

I forget exactly, but the power steering IS the bracket for the lower intercooler pipe. I'm not sure if you can remove it seperately or you have to do both at the same time. It's either that you need to take off both, or the power steering comes off without the lower intercooler pipe. Shouldn't be too hard aside from that.

Was me Id replace the bypass hose....

Mine was a bear to get off so I just cut it....Local parts stores didnt have one...1-3 days to order...

That air purge bypass thingy wouldnt open on mine...Froze stuck....If I had to do it again...I would probably heat it up a bit and break it free...

I didnt fully have to yank the whole mounting bracket off....The power steering lines were still on....Probably can just leave it off to the side if your top I/C tube is off....

Was me Id replace the bypass hose....

Mine was a bear to get off so I just cut it....Local parts stores didnt have one...1-3 days to order...

That air purge bypass thingy wouldnt open on mine...Froze stuck....If I had to do it again...I would probably heat it up a bit and break it free...

I didnt fully have to yank the whole mounting bracket off....The power steering lines were still on....Probably can just leave it off to the side if your top I/C tube is off....

I've had the power steering pump out before to replace the seal cover but I've never removed the pulley. Air Purge is loose. I got the radiator and the block already drained. IC top and elbow is off and the IC is out. Removed the battery box just for GP cleaning. All belts and pullies removed for the same reason.

Back