Pic of cam sensor Half moon @ TDC

f1rocco

Just wondering if anyone could take a pic of their cam sensors inners at TDC on #1..

I got mine close and have read the post on how and where....But just think a pic of someones set up would take all the work out of it for us...Make it easier...I got mine running today and can spin the tires but I had to turn the sensor under the belt...I think I have to go more....Timing light wasnt much help through all the belts and pulleys...

Pic Please

Thanks

Rocco

I noticed there's a tool on Spinningwheels for Cam alignment....I almost bought it just to have around...it was about $19 for my application. Has anyone used it, remarks about it?

Yeah the tool is listed on other post.......

But if you see where the cam sensor is mounted and where the half moon is a top dead center....Its over job is done.....2 7mm bolts to take the top off and spin the oil pump drive til you get it dead on......

I know about setting it at 26 degrees and all that but just seems easier to see where it sits at top dead center....

Thanks

F1

Here is a picture of mine
dsc03214io4.jpg

Sorry no offense meant as well on my side....Good man Vince.....I was thinking of getting the tool myself as well...But then I read a good right up on how to do it without it and the only thing for me lacking was a pic.....Just figured I could save the $19 and week to ship it...

I like to try the freebies first...

F1

I hear ya! I just rec'd my order from there and I forgot to order one....thought it would be a good tool-box item....for all I know, mine isn't times right, it does have a slight miss, and i was thinking about just checking it....of course, I wouldn;t know if my #1 was at TDC with the head on!

Either take someone's word on it, or go out and buy the tool.
But, I will 20 bones down saying MOST people have them in the correct place.

i bought my most recent car last summer, and have barely driven it....actually, yesterday i drove it and my CEL was coming on intermittently....had me thinking....

Went and checked....Im a tooth off maybe two...Tare it apart this weekend..

Still runs pretty good now...

Just a tooth? You can loosen the hold down bolt, and pivot the housing to make that up as long as you aren't already at the limit that will place the sensor in the path of the belt.

Back