Coolant ?z

f1rocco

That bypass hose off the thermostat....

Does that allow coolant through at all times.....I added coolant to the system after putting my motor back together...Just seemed different from all the other motors Ive done...Im used to adding another gallon or more of liquid after...

The engine coolant sensor....

I think that its on the Intake..Mine is busted...The ceramic part...Still clips on though....How does this sensor work....Does it heat up the ceramic....

The a/c unit....

I disconnected my lines and condensor but its still plugged in with the connector...Does this effect my cooling fan from coming on...

Currently my fan isnt coming on and once when my timing was way advanced it got to "M"....But Im not sure if it worked prior to me owning it....I read about using a jumper wire to test and the low and high speed thing...

Thanks

F1

That bypass hose off the thermostat....

Does that allow coolant through at all times.....I added coolant to the system after putting my motor back together...Just seemed different from all the other motors Ive done...Im used to adding another gallon or more of liquid after...

I assume you loosened your vent bolt before filling...

JD

At the time I couldnt get the vent open...I didnt have the 17 or 19mm wrench...So I first filled it with the bypass hose off until it bled through the detached bypass hose off the water pump....Then I hooked it up....Then I filled the rad with about two gallons of 50/50 total(Maybe a 1/2 gallon difference with the bypass hooked up) until it overflowed through the radiator...Started it up and ran it withought the cap for a few minutes...

Next day I had the tools and removed the bypass...Tried to fill it there with an over sized tight funnel and rad cap off.......Didnt take anymore fluid..Maybe 6 ounces..I also added fluid to the overflow incase she needed more fluid...

The coolant should be fine...It still had coolant in the lower block...Im just used to the 460/351 type of motors where you fill it up...Wait for the tstat to open and dump another gallon in.Run it for a bit and top the fluid off for the next few days......

Since it had a head gasket issue before and I have used silicone on a bunch of parts Im gonna drain all the fluids within 15 minutes more of driving/running...$30 or so to know Ive flushed the junk back out of the coolant and oil...

Thanks

F1

Back