PDA

View Full Version : NYC Dave Dalke Parade!

XxSlowpokexX
04-25-2008, 12:13 PM
Just thought I'd let ya all know....It's going to be raining!

Miller
04-25-2008, 03:09 PM
I'm coming out to watch. I will have a lawn chair, my karaoke machine so I can do the play by play and a pitcher of lemonade. Iv been practicing my heckling all week long. Iv been making some calls, there JUST MAY BE a special guest appearence from one of our Maryland residents !

ELSC
04-25-2008, 03:49 PM
Is there a tuning session in NY this weekend? Just curious, as I will be in Queens this weekend.

f1rocco
04-25-2008, 03:58 PM
http://www.downs.kent.sch.uk/thewebteam/_files/linksuperdave.jpg

If this is true Im off by one week or I woulda drove down..My car will be on the road next week......

Miller
04-25-2008, 06:31 PM
hes tuning this weekend, in jersey i belive if theres any interest.

XxSlowpokexX
04-26-2008, 09:46 AM
10am and no action..I predict car no run today:eek:

Miller
04-26-2008, 10:17 AM
is he there ?

XxSlowpokexX
04-26-2008, 01:08 PM
I spoke to soon...the dalkanator woke pauls butt up...will give grizzly details later

Miller
04-26-2008, 02:38 PM
Update: Paul forgot to remove the oil dipstick in the weeks awaiting this day, so they at speed bump! OOPPS

XR7 Dave
04-27-2008, 01:45 PM
Update: Paul forgot to remove the oil dipstick in the weeks awaiting this day, so they at speed bump! OOPPS

What, all the NYC hecklers chickened out? No spectators even. Weak sauce. :rolleyes:

Miller
04-27-2008, 01:50 PM
You were unproductive as it was with pausl lack of preperation and missing bolts..., imagain if we were there teasing you wearing the NY team jerseys ?

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g217/lyli11er/dalke.gif
:D:D

Ira R.
04-27-2008, 02:56 PM
Well now I wouldn't call it an unproductive weekend. Road tested and fine tuned one car and loaded and shipped the other.

Even had time for a leisurely lunch.

Ira

Miller
04-27-2008, 03:00 PM
i was talking about pauls car Iraaaaaaa

f1rocco
04-27-2008, 07:33 PM
What, all the NYC hecklers chickened out? No spectators even. Weak sauce. :rolleyes:

A couple more weeks notice and youd get more hecklers.....

F1

XxSlowpokexX
04-28-2008, 12:33 AM
Well here is the update..I didnt kill and bury Dave in the deep recesses of my garage..I mean even I dont go in there(One to many avalanches over the winter)

Paul may have had a few gallons of water in his old motor...A few missing bolts..But Dave and Paul did manage to get the longblock bolted up into the car...Honestly thats as far as I thought they would get. Yanking motors on the side of my house can be difficult at best. I was forced to do it and its no picnic. The rest though Paul should be able to manage on his own.....

Now there is a pool on taking bets as for how long that will take...

Any guessers?

I say running in 3 to 4 weeks :D (it did only take two years to pull his old motor):rolleyes:

Of course this post may just motivate him to prove me wrong :p (my objective)

f1rocco
04-28-2008, 10:09 AM
Yanking motors on the side of my house can be difficult at best. I was forced to do it and its no picnic. The rest though Paul should be able to manage on his own.....

Now there is a pool on taking bets as for how long that will take...

Any guessers?

I say running in 3 to 4 weeks :D (it did only take two years to pull his old motor):rolleyes:

Of course this post may just motivate him to prove me wrong :p (my objective)

http://www.mossdist.com/updates/meipics/5billlarge.jpg

Well if the weather is anything like it is in 14609 this week(5 hours NW of ya)....Well this week is shot......-1 week

My motivation would make it the following weekend and the early forcast shows rain the following weekend...-5 days

I say driving it away June 1st Sunday..............

Miller
04-28-2008, 04:17 PM
i think its goign to take him until june 1st to collect all of the bolts that he lost.

Mike.Jones_49
04-29-2008, 02:27 AM

I would have come to heckle and give advice, but I wasn't informed until it was too late. :D

XR7 Dave
04-29-2008, 09:57 AM
i think its goign to take him until june 1st to collect all of the bolts that he lost.

It would have been a good job for you - sorting out the bolts. Could have put your amazing SC skills to use. You know you didn't have anything better to do.

f1rocco
04-29-2008, 10:34 AM
I read in another post that Miller has some bolts left from his motor job.....Heck I got some extras as well....Every great job has left over parts..Looks like its time for the NY chapter to send all extra bolts to him..

So where should I send the bolts to...

F1

Want2LearnTBIRD
04-29-2008, 02:47 PM
nevermind jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez

Ira R.
04-29-2008, 04:45 PM
That's nice work. So Miller, when you coming over to do my car??

Ira

Want2LearnTBIRD
04-29-2008, 04:52 PM
Get in line Ira, I'M FIRST!!! :D

f1rocco
04-29-2008, 05:15 PM
Just to make sure....

I was pokin fun at Paul for missing bolts....And with Millers leftovers and mine we could send them to him...(Paul)....Bye the way which folk is Paul..

Just funnin with ya Paul...No harm meant...

F1

Ira R.
04-29-2008, 05:54 PM
Get in line Ira, I'M FIRST!!! :D

Not hardly :rolleyes:

Ira :D

Miller
04-29-2008, 06:42 PM
Daveeeeeeeeeee cmon now. I had to help dig a pool in my backyard. I wore my mexican uniform for the day. I would have loved to tease you guys all day. and shaddap with the mockery great sc skillzzzzzz..
and damons motor came out like that bc it was already pretty clean..

Want2LearnTBIRD
04-29-2008, 06:44 PM
damons motor came out like that bc it was already pretty clean..

sssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no saying those things

Mike.Jones_49
04-29-2008, 06:51 PM
When will Dave be back? I would love to meet him.

Want2LearnTBIRD
04-29-2008, 09:25 PM
back then girls didnt want me, now i'm hot they all on me

XxSlowpokexX
04-29-2008, 09:54 PM
Hey Miller may not get all those bolts back in lol. But that does not take away from His amazing quality of work and his ability to make a 20 year old engine compartment look 2 montsh old.

For example

Ok....My 61,000 mile car had an engine that looked just like that before it was taken apart. Here is it from Carlisle of 2007...So dont be thinking my car wasnt MINT before as thats how I rrroolllll

Thanks

PS I give credit where credit is due...But one thingI always keep clean is my engine compartment. And Miller had a good teacher....:O)

Miller
04-30-2008, 12:38 AM
thas what I said foo. it was clean on the top layer.. but the ~~~~ I removed from the layers below eye sight, whoooah.......

XxSlowpokexX
04-30-2008, 06:56 PM
millz... i never take anything from you..Miller got grease of my car that I didnt know ever existed...Yahhhhhh

Pablo94SC
05-11-2008, 01:45 AM
In case you yahoos wanted an update, I installed the coated rotors in my MPII last night and got the blower bolted onto the lower intake today.

Anyone happen to have a spare blower pulley nut handy? When my 5% OD pulley disappeared, all of the hardware associated with the blower disappeared with it. :mad:

Ira R.
05-11-2008, 08:33 AM
In case you yahoos wanted an update, I installed the coated rotors in my MPII last night and got the blower bolted onto the lower intake today.

Anyone happen to have a spare blower pulley nut handy? When my 5% OD pulley disappeared, all of the hardware associated with the blower disappeared with it. :mad:

Sorry no. I scrounged thru the parts box and didn't find one. Call Tony. He must have a couple.

Ira

Pablo94SC
05-11-2008, 04:01 PM
I need to call Junior and see if it happens to be at his shop. That's where I took the old blower apart for "windowing", so maybe the baggie with all the goodies is still there. I could have sworn it was in the Cougar, but...

CMac89
05-11-2008, 04:05 PM
Just go to the hardware store and get one.

Pablo94SC
05-11-2008, 11:51 PM
Just go to the hardware store and get one.

That would be too easy, or hard considering I don't know the size/thread of the nut.

CMac89
05-12-2008, 09:48 PM
M12x1.75....

Pablo94SC
05-13-2008, 12:18 AM
Thank ya kindly.

XxSlowpokexX
05-14-2008, 11:33 AM
tick tick tick tick tick tick:eek:

Pablo94SC
05-14-2008, 09:45 PM
What are you trying to say Damon... that there are ticks in the yard?

KwikGSeX
05-15-2008, 02:11 PM

No that you take for-fakken-ever to get your car running.. At this rate you will miss the Fall shootout. :D

Ira R.
05-15-2008, 04:14 PM
....changed my mind...... forget I said anything..... I'm not getting in the middle of this bs. It would be nice if someone lent a hand though instead of just busting horns......

XxSlowpokexX
05-16-2008, 01:56 AM

No its the long extended countdown to completion of Grace.

Ira..I dont recall anyone but Miller ever helping me with my SC, my 4.6 bird, my mustang....Not to mention a myriad of other things going on at my house at anyone time that I do myself including the cleaning of toilet bowls.:D

When Paul RREEALLLYYYY needs help I help him..He cant get a bolt off for some reason..I do it for an example. But I am not going to do the work for him if he at the very least doesnt put 200% effort into it himself first before failure..I was never into easy ways out. If I saw him doing something wrong however I'd tell him. I give him my advice when I think its good..He can choose to listen or not however:rolleyes:

Truth be told though hes helped you more with your car then hes ever helped me with any of mine (Think about that one)...And has probably spent more time helping you with your car then he has doing any cleaning or chores around the house. (Reeeaally think about that one).

So MAYBE if Paul helped out as much as you expect us to help him (Help he really doesnt need anyways) hed have it. Like I said..If I really think he needs help I'm there. Just Today I held up his IC while he bolted teh tubes on because he asked....The same task I did on my very own car three days ago...By myself

I mean I gotta clean the house, mow/trim the lawn/hedges, work on my OWN car projects, home renovations, ect ect...Plus work and travel. I dont ask for help......But I get none offered Either...

So dont think Pauls getting a Raw deal over here....Because believe me..He certainly isnt..And I dont bust his :eek: balls nearly as much as I should

Ira R.
05-16-2008, 09:02 AM
...like I said.... I don't have a horse in this race so I'm staying out of it.....

Ira

XxSlowpokexX
05-16-2008, 10:44 AM
Ira,

My semi frustration is not centered toward you but I have heard this from a few people. "Why dont you help Paul?" My thoughts were always two. I personally dont start anything I cant finish on my own and never rely on anyone for help (although help is nice and makes things easier). So the owness of completion is completely on Paul. Seems like there is some backroom chatter however that I have left him as a "lame duck out to dry." BELIEVE ME that is not the case. This car is a small fraction of what it is to be "Paul".

Now from the very begginning I knew Paul got in over his head with this project and would need allot of help that I personally had not the time for.

Think about it. This just is not a good first time project for anyone (especially without a garage). Fortunately Dave put the motor in for Paul otherwise in my opinion that would have been the end of it all. Afterall the head gaskets alone that opriginally blew were a bit to much to chew as the car sat for two years half taken apart....and that wasnt due to lack of time to complete on his behalf.

So in the end maybe you wont say what you really feel but you most certainly will continue to think it. Just remeber there are sometimes 8 sides to every story...

Now back to our regular programing....

After working on the car most every day since Dave left...

Car needs an SC Belt, oil cooler base, chip and misc doodads installed.

How long will it take? (Keep in mind if its not raining he has all day to do this)

I'm still thinking June till its all buttoned up. When it will first get started however may be sooner

Ira R.
05-16-2008, 11:10 AM
I don't take it personal because I know you aren't pointing fingers at me. And if I gave you that impression then I chose my words poorly. I have no idea what goes on behind closed doors in your home, nor should I. Your relationship with Paul is what it is and not only isn't it my place to comment on it, it isn't even any of my business in the first place. You guys want to fight over the laundry knock youself out. I have enough of those issues in my own home to deal with :p

What set me off frankly were the comments from the young-uns in the peanut gallery about sitting on the front lawn and watching the two of them try to swing the engine when it arrived. Just struck me as wrong so maybe I overreacted to that as well. You at least had the decency to find something to do that took you out of the house. And you may very well be correct that because he has crawled around parts of my car that I can no longer reach that I may indeed have a slightly skewered outlook to begin with. I guess I just remember the days when folks hung out and worked on everyone's car together. I guess time and schedules prevent that now.

I don't have a problem with you. At least not about this ;) He$$ I'll buy the first round when next we see each other.

Ira

XxSlowpokexX
05-16-2008, 04:28 PM
Actually Ira if I had nothing to do I would be more then willing to hang out and work with Paul. Like I said I only help him when I know he needs it. I just have to much of my own stuff going on. I would have alot more time though if he helped out around the house though (and he should rightfully so)...Legitimately allot of what takes my time away besides projects is just weekly cleaning and maintanance around the house. 30 min here and there isnt allot but when you add it up its a whole day minimal a week.

Anyway the Dalke parade had no hecklers or onlookers...Just Paul and Dave in the peace and Tranquility of College Point.

Miller
05-16-2008, 04:46 PM
What set me off frankly were the comments from the young-uns in the peanut gallery about sitting on the front lawn and watching the two of them try to swing the engine when it arrived. I guess I just remember the days when folks hung out and worked on everyone's car together. I guess time and schedules prevent that now.

Ira

Sounds like your refering to when i said I was gonna sit on the lawn and heckle. Which was a joke and never happened as I was sitting on a backhoe that day digging a pool in the yard. I didn't have the time to drive out to help Paul pull motor out, as I had volunteered my time to my friend and spent many many nights in the garage huffing bondo dust. Most of the time he wasn't even in the garage, I just did it bc im a nice guy like that. There is nothing on the car that He cannot do himself. Iv had my car apart many times, I did damons car, and now im doing Erics car. And a garage isnt necessary, you just need to man up. I did my car in my backyard , at night.http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g217/lyli11er/Picture242.jpg

And since we are at it, lets talk about this. When I got the AR i was also supposed to be getting the FMIC, for $150.. next thing i knw the guy backs outa the deal bc somebody called him and offered more money. Guess who the guy was who went behind my back and bought it out from under me. It was Mr. Pablo.So befor you go saying oh them yungins , don't.

Ira R.
05-16-2008, 05:36 PM
Actually Ira if I had nothing to do I would be more then willing to hang out and work with Paul. Like I said I only help him when I know he needs it. I just have to much of my own stuff going on. I would have alot more time though if he helped out around the house though (and he should rightfully so)...Legitimately allot of what takes my time away besides projects is just weekly cleaning and maintanance around the house. 30 min here and there isnt allot but when you add it up its a whole day minimal a week.

Anyway the Dalke parade had no hecklers or onlookers...Just Paul and Dave in the peace and Tranquility of College Point.

30 minutes here, 30 minutes there.... now you sound like Gail so I'm done with this discussion :p :D

We can pick it up over a beer in PA.

Ira

Ira R.
05-16-2008, 05:37 PM
Sounds like your refering to when i said I was gonna sit on the lawn and heckle. Which was a joke and never happened as I was sitting on a backhoe that day digging a pool in the yard. I didn't have the time to drive out to help Paul pull motor out, as I had volunteered my time to my friend and spent many many nights in the garage huffing bondo dust. Most of the time he wasn't even in the garage, I just did it bc im a nice guy like that. There is nothing on the car that He cannot do himself. Iv had my car apart many times, I did damons car, and now im doing Erics car. And a garage isnt necessary, you just need to man up. I did my car in my backyard , at night.

And you're right. I know you have been busting a gut working on stuff the last few months. Like I said, it just set me off and I shouldn't have let it. I knew you were just breaking his chops at the time so I don't know why I let it bother me. For that I am sorry.

Ira

XxSlowpokexX
05-16-2008, 06:02 PM
Ok..This whole carlisle thing.....Too much competition...AND another teal 94.....Ugggggg....Uggggg

Want2LearnTBIRD
05-16-2008, 06:52 PM
Group hug? :eek:

no jk jk

but ya that other teal SC is looking very pretty Damon you best watch out.

Pablo94SC
05-16-2008, 09:13 PM
Ira,

My semi frustration is not centered toward you but I have heard this from a few people. "Why dont you help Paul?" My thoughts were always two. I personally dont start anything I cant finish on my own and never rely on anyone for help (although help is nice and makes things easier). So the owness of completion is completely on Paul. Seems like there is some backroom chatter however that I have left him as a "lame duck out to dry." BELIEVE ME that is not the case. This car is a small fraction of what it is to be "Paul".

Now from the very begginning I knew Paul got in over his head with this project and would need allot of help that I personally had not the time for.

Think about it. This just is not a good first time project for anyone (especially without a garage). Fortunately Dave put the motor in for Paul otherwise in my opinion that would have been the end of it all. Afterall the head gaskets alone that opriginally blew were a bit to much to chew as the car sat for two years half taken apart....and that wasnt due to lack of time to complete on his behalf.

So in the end maybe you wont say what you really feel but you most certainly will continue to think it. Just remeber there are sometimes 8 sides to every story...

Now back to our regular programing....

After working on the car most every day since Dave left...

Car needs an SC Belt, oil cooler base, chip and misc doodads installed.

How long will it take? (Keep in mind if its not raining he has all day to do this)

I'm still thinking June till its all buttoned up. When it will first get started however may be sooner

I love this... let's air dirty laundry in public.

According to you I was in over my head and could have been driving the car for the past two years if I put some effort into it. The bearings were gone and the PS head cracked from inside the #1 spark plug boss all the way into the #2. I had a gut feeling the engine was toast and walked away. Glad I did too.

As for helping you or anyone else with their cars... ever ask? I don't wear a neon sign volunteering my help, but with a little advanced warning and a "hey, wanna help me work on the car this Sunday", I'd be happy to make time for ya.

As for cleaning, you might not notice it, but there are plenty of times I've tidied up the bathroom, taken out the trash (cause somehow it always seems to be full when I go to throw something away), and other little things around the house. Thing is though, I'm not going to clean up around your piles of stuff. If you want help moving that to the attic or basement, cool... pick a day and we'll do it. Then I'll be happy to help clean. Otherwise cleaning the house is no different in my mind than polishing the Cougar was in yours.

Miller
05-16-2008, 09:16 PM
Lmao You Guys Sound Liek Your Married
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u8KIhH5hLHk&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u8KIhH5hLHk&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Pablo94SC
05-16-2008, 09:53 PM
The best comparison I've heard so far is the The Odd Couple. Apparently I'm Tony Randall and Damon is Jack Klugmann.

KwikGSeX
05-17-2008, 08:58 AM
The best comparison I've heard so far is the The Odd Couple. Apparently I'm Tony Randall and Damon is Jack Klugmann.

More like Abbot and Costello

CMac89
05-17-2008, 10:22 AM
More like Carlton and Prince.

XxSlowpokexX
05-18-2008, 01:26 AM
Edited just beeeccaaauuusseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I'm not such a bad guy
I will keep this one part in however...

Hmm Jack Klugmann liked to drink beer afterwork at night (usually alone), watch sports in an obsessed dont talk to me while I'm watching manner (heck I bet hed even be obsesed with fantasy football if they were to have it back then), always smealt of smoke as he was a heavy smoker and never ever cleaned. Sounds allot like you Paul. You may have attributes of Tony Randell (such as him being retentive or compulsive about things)....But the above mentioned certainly are not some of them

I on the other hand never drink after work or have non social drinks whatsoever, I rarely if ever watch sports and am definitely not obsessed in any way shape or form with any of them, have never and never will smoke and am constantly cleaning up crud and shower at least once a day. Like I have mentioned before there arent enough hours in a day let alone a week to take care of everything between work/travel/girlfreind/house_yard chores....And yes the boxes in the kitchen by the door ( both incoming and outgoing) tend to back up....No excuse not to clean the house though. And cleaning the place you live in is not even remotely comparable to waxing a car for hours (especially one with little to no good paint)

Now nothing I said previously was meant to air dirty Laundry however the above exerpt of my original post however just about says it all in a short but to the point summary.

Let in be known that originally I was just stating my frusterations at people mentioning why I didnt or dont help you (which isnt even 100% correct).

If you really want to air dirty Laundry we can go there. I dont have anything going on that I wouldnt or hadnt already told practically everyone I know about so it wouldnt bother me in the least. Afterall its hard to have dirty laundry when one is true to themselves as well as to others of their own nature and being.

I'd like to think we are beyond the airing of dirty laundry however...Speaking of which I'm on my second load

ELSC
05-19-2008, 04:29 PM
Ok..This whole carlisle thing.....Too much competition...AND another teal 94.....Ugggggg....Uggggg

You're kiddin.........Right?

Micahdogg
05-21-2008, 05:05 PM
David Neibert would like to award the winner of this fight with a complimentary SCP hood pin kit :)

XR7 Dave
05-22-2008, 09:05 AM
I find this thread to be quite confusing/amusing. It was apparently started either to make fun of me or to advertise an opportunity for NYC people to get together at Damon's house to either watch, heckle, or help Paul put his motor in. When I arrived I was confused that Damon was on his way out the door and no one ever came by to even say "hello". Just thought that was odd. Now in the end I have come to realize that this thread has nothing to do with me whatsoever and putting my name in the title was just a ploy to draw attention to - uh well nothing I guess. Weird.

the-big-e
05-22-2008, 09:26 AM
I solved the problem of too much house work......

I got married......:p

Micahdogg
05-22-2008, 10:02 AM
Speaking of jokes...If pap and manny jumped off a cliff at the same time who would land first ?

XxSlowpokexX
05-22-2008, 12:25 PM
You're kiddin.........Right?

Of Course I'm Kidding..The more the merrier! (just dont park near me) haha

Dave D.

Actually I thought some people would come to hang out. That was teh intention of the post. But with Greek Easter and all..That took the Queens people out

For me I am rarely ever home and when I am I run around doing crap all day. I was up at that time due to that.

I would have come out to dinner with you guys but I wasnt invited:rolleyes:

And we had a lil bit of a conversation before you left and were more then welcome to relax but it seemed as though you two were in a rush to get out (could have ordered food in)

As far as heckling I'm a lil beyond that. I wish Paul only the best with the car. And to bad you wernt able to get it fired up...CUZ IT STILL HASNT RUN!:D

f1rocco
05-22-2008, 02:26 PM
http://www.pwn3d.org/thumbs/photoalbum/wambulance2_350.jpg

XR7 Dave
05-22-2008, 02:36 PM
I would have come out to dinner with you guys but I wasnt invited:rolleyes:

I guess I am not familiar with NYC etiquette. Around the midwest "lets go eat" implies "everyone in the room." I just thought you were being anti-social. :cool:

KwikGSeX
05-22-2008, 03:08 PM
I guess I am not familiar with NYC etiquette. Around the midwest "lets go eat" implies "everyone in the room." I just thought you were being anti-social. :cool:

I would of loved to of come by.. But it being Greek Easter meant I was the family bitch that weekend..

XxSlowpokexX
05-28-2008, 11:09 PM
ppsstttt..it runs

Pablo94SC
05-30-2008, 12:28 AM
List of issues I've found so far -

1. a PS wheel bearing is shot
2. PS tie-rod is bent
3. DS rear spring broke
4. Blower is leaking oil somewhere
5. Low Coolant light will no go out (bad sensor I'm sure)
6. Battery light comes on when fan starts
7. CEL comes on despite having the EGR solenoid plugged in
8. Trans fluid leak at the base of the dipstick
9. Oil leak (probably the disptick as well) keeps me having to fill the oil

I'm frustratred to say the least.

XxSlowpokexX
05-30-2008, 01:13 AM
10. Porno red interior

KwikGSeX
05-30-2008, 03:58 AM
If you removed the EGR but kept the solenoid you WILL get a check engine light. This is not a Mustang that you can do that. You have to shut it off via EEC Tuner or SCT software.

Pablo94SC
05-31-2008, 12:54 PM
EGR is turned off in the computer. Plugged in the PFE transducer (the solenoid) and the check engine light goes away. Comes back on about 3 minutes into driving it, so I have to pull the codes.

Oil was blowing out of the PCV and ended up pooling at the inlet plenum/blower and leaking there onto the lower intake. Replaced the PCV and cleaned/resealed the blower. Gotta keep my eye on the oil level now to see if it happens again.

Converter is stalling WAY too high. WOT in third the engine spins up to 4000 RPM and sits there waiting for the speed to catch up. On the streets, 1/4-1/2 throttle and she's sitting at 3200rpm or more. Stall was rated at 2700rpm @ 400lb/ft torque. Dirtydog wants me to send it back to take a look at it and restall it to 2400rpm, or make me a new one for the MarkVIII flexplate.

Battery light still comes on randomly... usually when the fan kicks on, but sometimes it just comes on. Also, the temp gauge is inconsistant but the coolant levels are perfectly fine. (shrug)

It is what it is and slowly I'll get it all ironed out. At least the stereo sounds good, but I definitely need to get that factory sub box upgraded and installed. Bass is a little weak.

Mike.Jones_49
06-02-2008, 03:16 AM
EGR is turned off in the computer. Plugged in the PFE transducer (the solenoid) and the check engine light goes away. Comes back on about 3 minutes into driving it, so I have to pull the codes.

Oil was blowing out of the PCV and ended up pooling at the inlet plenum/blower and leaking there onto the lower intake. Replaced the PCV and cleaned/resealed the blower. Gotta keep my eye on the oil level now to see if it happens again.

Converter is stalling WAY too high. WOT in third the engine spins up to 4000 RPM and sits there waiting for the speed to catch up. On the streets, 1/4-1/2 throttle and she's sitting at 3200rpm or more. Stall was rated at 2700rpm @ 400lb/ft torque. Dirtydog wants me to send it back to take a look at it and restall it to 2400rpm, or make me a new one for the MarkVIII flexplate.

Battery light still comes on randomly... usually when the fan kicks on, but sometimes it just comes on. Also, the temp gauge is inconsistant but the coolant levels are perfectly fine. (shrug)

It is what it is and slowly I'll get it all ironed out. At least the stereo sounds good, but I definitely need to get that factory sub box upgraded and installed. Bass is a little weak.

I'm no engine builder, but oil pouring out of a PCV is not a good thing. Too much crank pressure = something wrong. I would highly suggest doing a full leak down test. Hopefully you have a friend with a leakdown tester.

Pablo94SC
06-02-2008, 02:00 PM
I don't know anyone with a leakdown tester, but it's on the list of things to do.