ANOTHER no start thread

johnrada

Of course Dave is making a trip to New Jersey so I can get tuned finally, and my car dies for the first time ever. Ok on my way to school today the car (while in gear) just died cruising, and then would not start back up. The fuel pump primes, starter works, engine cranks but does not start, the upshift light goes out while cranking, no fuses are blown, so right now I am stuck trying to figure out what the heck could be the problem. I looked at all the other no start threads and used the search feature, no one had the same problem necessarily. So aside from what I've tested so far, anyone got any ideas? Also, what tool do I need to pull engine codes if need be?

I know you said the fuel pump primes, but did you check the schrader valve on the rail to make sure you are getting fuel pressure ?

David

i thougth i just read when the upshift light comes on while cranking, that it was the crank sensor, or maybe the cam sensor?

yes there is pressure at the schrader valve, and at key on the light comes on, and goes off while cranking.
ok it pulled a 511 and 212 code. hopefully its a cheap fix :eek:

Last edited:
yes there is pressure at the schrader valve, and at key on the light comes on, and goes off while cranking.
ok it pulled a 511 and 212 code. hopefully its a cheap fix :eek:

The 511 code is what you get when you install a chip. Nothing unusual about that. The 212 comes back as, "Loss of ignition diagnostic monitor (IDM) input signal to EEC or SPOUT circuit grounded".

Unfortunately I have no idea what that means but it sounds like you may have blown a sensor :confused: :(

Ira

thanks for the quick replies, yeah i finally searched for 212 and got the same thing. I swapped in a DIS from another car, and it ran for a little, and then it cut out again after the RPM's were all over the place. so it looks like i blew another DIS module...

Back