some cheap hop ups

scpride

I was wondering what some cheap hop ups for my 35th would be. It is bone stock besides axle back exhaust. Just wondering i have high school drags coming up please let me know

Get rid of the stock resonator and throw a 5% pulley on, and get a cold air intake. Or if you have any experience or are willing to try porting, port your supercharger and inlet plenum. With a 5% pulley you might want an intercooler fan too.
Resonator: ~$100
5% Pulley- $80 from SCP, but you can probably find one cheaper if you post in the classefieds
CAI: $200 from a vendor or a lot less if you make your own, check the classifieds for these too
IC fan: ~$60

$440 total for a couple decent bolt ons and more power (especially if you do the porting if you're willing to try).

imagine a fart can on a import pointed strait up under your driver's seat.

I rode in a 95 with down tubes and no resonator and I don't know how he could stand to drive the car.

what do you all hav e done to your sc

Black 1990 auto = magnaflow resonator and mufflers, 5% sc pulley, 5% js pulley, ZR intake, underdrive pulleys, 3.73's, and double intercooler.

White 1990 5-speed. Just about everything was done to it before I purchased it late last year.

Y pipe in place of resonator is a low cost , I did it & it only makes noise @ 1600 rpm & again @ 2800-3000 its not bad. Gut the cats (converters) or replace with down tubes & at the same time take a high speed rotary file & port/grind out the lip inside your exhaust manifold. The OEM mufflers are good. "done" for what you have & what your doing it will work just fine, I have years & miles of this. Oh & leave your air silencer as is or it will bogg under 1800 RPM.

Maybe borrow a set of lower profile tires to get a better gear ratio and some serious tire spin action for your event.........

No matter what age you are nobody gets sick of smoking tires..A few guys here dont like seeing the cars getting whopped on.....But almost 100% sure the girls at your school would rather see the tires spin and a good smoke show then the fastest guy of the event....A look on youtube and youll see a bunch of people running smaller tires and different rims for the rear........

Dont blow the motor and watch your temp and rpms....Make sure your fan is working well and hoses look good......Id probably change all the fluids afterwards....

Have fun

F1

cone air fliter. then go to the junk yard and find a MAF body and port it. here what to look for and directions how to port it http://www.mn12performance.com/mn12how-to/maf/maf.htm use the meater wires from your car on this ported body. then find a used 5% pully from parts for sale foum. get new plugs for good fire. and last a set of used tires 225-55-16 for the back lowers the gear just a little and who cares if you smoke them to the belts. or even a set from the junk yard with 15" rims just as long as there shorter than stock. and do this to make sure u have no vac leaks they will slow you down more than you whould think http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19261 and some rolay purple or redline fluids are a good idea if your going to be thumping on it. last and most imporaint BE CARFULL!!! your around high school kids!!

port your MAF if you want to waste your life. You can buy a used 76mm for $100. but thats not what you need now.

and buy from spinningwheels. scp is a registered wallet rapist

Last edited:
At your power level, leave the cats alone, they ain't gonna hurt you and will help keep that nasty drone under control. Get rid of that exhaust resonator as it does hurt you and a Y-pipe should be good enough. As mentioned, if your willing to get dirty, drop the exhaust and hone or grind out the lip on the exit of the exhaust manifolds. You can do that even when installed on the car. If you do this you should be pretty safe to run a 5% pully on the blower. Run a CAI as suggested, but really a K&N panel filter in the stock air box is more than adequate at your level.

Its up to you if you want to remove the air silencer. Removing it does make the blower louder for that attention getter ;). Don't do the suggested MAF mod because it will more than likely cause you nothing but grief and possibly a motor in the process.

There's not a whole lot more you can do without spending some $$$, and at that point you'd need to at minimal start looking at upgrading injectors, MAF, and going to at least a 94/95 blower and inlet, which you should get a tune for to optimize that setup.

Frit

is there anything i can do to my car faster at no cost.

Yes. Learn how to drive. Practice your launches, and if it's a manual, your shifting. Lowering your 60's will make a big difference on the big end of the track.

Thomas

Can always lessen your load...

Remove the spare tire and anything in the trunk........Take out the front seat...But this might be a problem....Might force your g/f to sit in the back seat............;)

F1

port your MAF if you want to waste your life. Don't do the suggested MAF mod because it will more than likely cause you nothing but grief and possibly a motor in the process.

is the maf port been that much of a problem or waste of time? i have one on both of my sc's.

Back