underdrive belt size

ndiiorio

i have a set of underdrive pulleys, but i dont want to use the alternator underdrive pulley. Does anyone know te belt size for when using the crank and waterpump underdrive pulleys with the stock size alternator pulley? Maybe even a part number for the gatorbacks?

use the one you were using. people leave the same one on when putting all the pullies on so u should be good sticking with it

i was under the impression that there is a different size belt since the pullies change in size. right now i just have the crank underdrive pulley on, but i would like to put on the water pump pulley. i will probably never use the alternator pulley as i will need as much as amperage/ voltage as i can get due to my stereo system, plus i dont think its a good idea to lose power even if it is one volt. anyway, i was having a hard time getting the belt right for just the crank pulley change, i really dont want to go through that again.

i have underdrives on my car as well. i was gonna do the same thing you are but i couldnt because the belt tensioner was rubbing the water pump pulley so i had to put the alt. pulley on too.

do you know the belt size you used?

i actually wanted to keep the stock alt. pulley, i have never even installed it.

If you decide to use just the crank pulley in the end, I may buy the other pulleys from you if they are aluminum. Let me know.

Chris

P.S. I am assuming the waterpump and alternator pulley's are larger then the stock size pulley, correct?

I had that problem when I was putting on my underdrives, the tensioner hit the water pump pulley. I ended up just using the crank underdrive pulley, because I figured at least everything is being underdriven since it all runs off the crank.

I currently am using an underdrive crank pulley and water pulley with the stock alternator pulley. I am using a new stock length belt and it does not rub. The clearance between the tensioner and the water pump pulley is not more than a few pieces of paper, but it is enough to not rub. Does anyone know if you can just take in an old belt and ask for one that's a half inch shorter? It seems like they would need to know what car it is from in order to stock it. If they can order by length then I may try to get one.

I stopped at Autozone today to ask about the belt and you can get them by size (part number is categorized as such), however they really don't stock many 8 rib belts so you have to use a wire or stiff string to get an accurate length measurement. My alternator also started to die tonight, so I had a duralast alternator ordered for tomorrow morning. I think I might try to get mine rebuilt though after hearing about the duralasts not doing so well.

I stopped at Autozone today to ask about the belt and you can get them by size (part number is categorized as such), however they really don't stock many 8 rib belts so you have to use a wire or stiff string to get an accurate length measurement. My alternator also started to die tonight, so I had a duralast alternator ordered for tomorrow morning. I think I might try to get mine rebuilt though after hearing about the duralasts not doing so well.

Call Napa. They deal in lengths.

Back