Input on the Front mount IC from magnum

ricardoa1

Any opinions on this set up. I am considering the investment. If you went to the nationals you would have seen it,
I think its very well made. I .02 cents from anyone.

I liked it so much I ordered one on the spot. Here is a picture taken at the meet last week.

frontmntIC.jpg

David

Last edited:
Yes, that's a Magnum Powers CIA, Throttle Body and Intake Plenum. I've got a ZR intake that I'm very happy with so I'm only getting the FMIC kit and the chrome raised top.

David

Did he mentioned if he is going to sell it with a modified Raised top. Because the upper tube attaches to the top with Silcone hose. And the Collar was deleted to do this.
????

Charles Warner said you could use the kit with any of the tops by removing the collar nut with a hacksaw or if you have the proper tool you can remove the retainer that holds the nut in place.

He is also planning to sell the MP raised top without a nut for this application. I ordered a chrome one like in the picture, just because it looked so good.

David

Last edited:
I was so impressed with it....well.....I'm going to be ordering one within the next 2-3 weeks. Not quite as quick as Dave, but that's alright. :)

Thomas

Dave,

I didn't know you ordered one already?

Let me know how it works out. I am stil debating as to what I/C set-up I would prefer.

Bill,

Early to mid October I'm planning to install the FMIC along with a new cam, and rework my heads for more exhaust flow. I'm not really going to know what gains were from the Intercooler and what was from the cam and headwork.

David

PS: Propane injection kit will be installed later this week and I'll see how well it works at the KC meet. I'm bringing slicks this time.

Good luck Dave! I am interested to know how the propane works out as well. I hope you are going to try with and without on the dyno to see a difference, hopefuly with A/F data.

The red SC with the FMIC..

Why are the plug wires flipped on the coil pack? I thought I lost my mind and farked mine up. but the apparent configuration above looks to be incorrect.

Can anyone give more detail?

Darryl,

My guess would be they had to flip the coil pack the other way so that the mounting braket doesn't interfere with the new I/C tubes. Otherwise, we know the car wouldn't run that way.

FMIC

let me start, Holy SH*T that looks awesome.
couple questions
whats the id of the new IC tubes??
it says it comes with a new fan, does the old one not fit??? it is pretty skinny, and will the new fan plug right into the old socket??? or how do you work it???
also, what provisions are there for the radiator???
how does it attach??? i looked on Mag powers site and it didn't say really, nor did it look like there was a bracket.

thanks guys, i guess its time to go back to work, damn now school started and every thing.

jim

radiator

With this FMIC, would we be able to upgrade to a bigger capacity radiator from another car or something, with moderate modification? Or is it still just the option to go with the $$$ griffin radiator? thanks.

Kyle

Back