I have 5 engine code after install cold air

Thundersc90

Hi

Today i install my cold air. i jump in my car for a ride and check engine go on. immediatly after check engine throttle response badly boost dont go up more than 9psi (normaly is 12-13) lack of power. erratic idle.. i go to part store and i buy code reader after this test the reader result is:

49- Spout signial problem
85- canister purge solenoide circuit failure-adaptive fuel limit reached lean
67- neutral pressure switch (nps) circuit failur( circuit open) clutch switch failure
66- mass aiflow fault below minimum voltage.
29- insufficient input from programmable speedometer sensor and module.

i need scan of electric diagram about this sensor if someone have idea about my problem thx for your reply.

Steven

sorry for my bad english..

Last edited:
Wow, all that from an intake? Sounds like it's all stemming from the MAFS though.

So, does it go down in the fender? There's usually a bend right before the MAFS - maybe try to take it off before it hits that bend.

Hi

Today i install my cold air. i jump in my car for a ride and check engine go on. immediatly after check engine throttle response badly boost dont go up more than 9psi (normaly is 12-13) lack of power. erratic idle.. i go to part store and i buy code reader after this test the reader result is:

49- Spout signial problem
85- canister purge solenoide circuit failure-adaptive fuel limit reached lean
67- neutral pressure switch (nps) circuit failur( circuit open) clutch switch failure
66- mass aiflow fault below minimum voltage.
29- insufficient input from programmable speedometer sensor and module.

What year is your SC?

The correct code definitions for the SC are:

• 29 C No input from Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS)
  • 49 C Default spark error (3.8L SC only)
  • 66 C Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor circuit out of range (low)
  • 67 C Clutch Switch circuit failed (3.8L SC only)
  • 85 O Canister Purge circuit failure

Notice 29, 49, 66 & 67 are stored/continuous codes - 85 is KOEO.

I would use the reader to clear the stored codes and then pull codes again, this time be careful to run the engine up to normal operating temperature, and run both KOEO and KOER tests, followed by stored code read. I understand this process is new for you, but you can practice doing the tests without harming the car if you need more time to learn how to run them.

Did the car run ok before the cold air intake modification? Did you do any other repair or maintanance at the same time?

Double check the wiring connection to the MAF. You may need to temporarily replace the stock air intake setup to see if the new parts are causing your problems.

Ken

hi

Today i try to find the problem. scanner read Spout signial problem. i go under de car to see cranck sensor. i see 2 wire blue and red but i think this sensor is hall effect i think is numerical signial. next day i will check if i see 3 wire one with 12 volt another from computer i think is 10 volt... help me with check this sensor. after i check if the wire is broken between connector en DIS ( red/lime ) not broken. its the Spout? i dont check with test light and crank engine because im alone today. i have code 29-44-91-66-67. pffff this car run very well 3 day ago. i check the wire from transmission (m5r2) i see 3 wire i check fast for see problem but look good.. and i see up the starter ORANGE connector with 3 pin in the block not connected what this connector Block heater?. i try to locate eec-IV for check Ohm between my sensor for bad connection i check behind glove box i see nothing i take picture all wire go behind car and i see a lot of computer in my trunk.. i think i need shop manual with wiring diagram hehe. someone have idea!?

Attachments

• 000_0470.jpg
    000_0470.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 87
  • 000_0471.jpg
    000_0471.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 91
  • 000_0469.jpg
    000_0469.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 85
make sure you
MAF sensor is plugged in fully, just by putting a COLD AIR on shouldnt make ny difference to A CEL, maybe hose codes were already there, try disconnecting batery for 10 mins and run it then

I was going to ask to write your post a little bit clearer but I see your from Canada so I'm guessing your primarily french.

If your car worked fine BEFORE you installed the COLD AIR INTAKE then your car is affected by the COLD AIR INTAKE.

This means that in a HIGHLY PROBABLE CAUSE THAT YOUR INTAKE CAUSED IT and that you must REVERT BACK TO STOCK (INTAKE WISE).

- Tech

HI
yes i speak french.. sorry for my bad english.thx for your answer

i put my older rubber tube no change.the mass air flow is realy good connect tight. why i have low voltage code? and spout signial problem. someone can scan wiring diagram from shop manual for ignition system&injection with part locator.

big thx for your time.

Steven

Back