Sunroof Problems

Seuss

A local guy put a new seal on my sunroof. Since the install I noticed 2 small black plastic clips in my car, and the shade now goes all the way back into the roof when the glass slides back. The clips have a bow on 1 side and 2 bows at a 90 degree angle to the 1st one, as I recall. The longer bow also has some wear, so it looks like something rubs against it.

Does anyone know where those clips go, assuming they are what keeps the shade from pulling all the way back with the glass?

The shade is not supposed to slide all the way back into the headliner if the roof glass is closed or tilted. But if you slide the glass all the way into the headliner the shade is supposed to follow.

I have not seen where those clips are so I dont know what they do..

The problem is that the shade is supposed to pull back with the glass as you close it, but mine no longer does that. It stays recessed in the roof. Whatever grabs the edge of the shade to pull it back out with the glass is not working properly now.

I don't know for certain that those clips came from my sunroof. I just found them in my car after the seal was put in, and had no idea where they came from.

The problem is that the shade is supposed to pull back with the glass as you close it, but mine no longer does that. It stays recessed in the roof. Whatever grabs the edge of the shade to pull it back out with the glass is not working properly now.

I don't know for certain that those clips came from my sunroof. I just found them in my car after the seal was put in, and had no idea where they came from.
My shade has never pulled back with the glass when closing the moon roof. I've always had to pull the shade closed with my hand. I bought my 92 with only 11,608 miles on it in 94, but I guess it's possible it was broken prior to me buying it. Although my 95 does the same thing.

Well it is supposed to pull back out just enough to reveal the shade handle again, but not all the way with the glass.

Exactly. My shade used to do that but stays completely recessed now. Do any of you know what is supposed to pull the shade forward a few inches? That must be what is wrong with mine now.

I also noticed the shade does not slide as freely as before and tends to grab or pull sideways at times.

Anyone else have suggestions for me to look at? There must be something missing or in the wrong place, since the shade panel used to pull back out a couple of inches as the glass slid forward.

Anyone else have suggestions for me to look at? There must be something missing or in the wrong place, since the shade panel used to pull back out a couple of inches as the glass slid forward.

Hate to point out the obvious, but if it worked ok before someone else was in there, then it may be time to take it back to that individual and discuss the issue.

Ken

Already did that...he can't remember what he did, so I came here to ask the experts.

I have the same problem, those clips fell out. I'm about to rip the thing apart today, and see where they go. I'm also having a problem getting the trim ring and shade assembly to line back up again.

-edit-

I believe I've found the answer.

*Pats self on back*

Don't mind the mouse poo.

DSC00001.JPG

DSC00004.JPG

Last edited:
Back