transplantin supercoupe stuff into 85 stang

Quick Cat 89

I am pulling my engine, tranny, wiring harness, and ECU out of my supercoupe. I would highly appreciate it if someone would tell me specifically what to pull out of that car and where the wiring runs and what all to get. I am putting all that stuff into my 85 stang, and im looking forward to completing it, i havent started disassembling yet. So if anybody has done this please let me know what all to do.

More power to you guys......Phhhew....

Id just stuff a carbed 351 windsor in there and ditch all those wires....If I was doing it Id get 80% done and spend a season maybe 2 doing it and give up and sell the whole car for $500.......

I did mess with mustangs a bit and remember something about the inside harness connection being different per year.....Cant remember which one.....But something like a 90 motor harness wouldnt attach to the interior plug harness...Then some years they didnt run a maf..So youd have to use a SC computer........Not sure how are harness bolts up and what years work on which Mustangs.....

F1

Whats different about a 351 in a mustang? With all the mustangs on the road i get tired of seeing the same thing. Thats why Im putting a sc motor in a mustang, that and its lighter than the bird!

You don't need to use an SC computer to run the motor. The 89/90 GUFx used in the mustangs, even the non MAF versions, are totally capable of running our motors, and can support the MAF by turning it on in the computer. They can even support the DIS module so you don't need to use a dizzy with a TFI module.

Heck, our computers can run a 5.0 or 351 etc if you wanted, but you would need to add some wiring into the harness to support the extra injectors etc.

Good luck with your project :).

Frit

Cool...Never would have thunk it........

Well if you guys with the Mustangs run into trouble I have an uneeded 89 or 90 computer with a chip and complete wiring harness from head lights to dash lights to tail lights...I was gonna use it for a Short box Ranger project and junked the truck....Harness was out of a an auto if that matters.....

F1

You don't need to use an SC computer to run the motor. The 89/90 GUFx used in the mustangs, even the non MAF versions, are totally capable of running our motors, and can support the MAF by turning it on in the computer. They can even support the DIS module so you don't need to use a dizzy with a TFI module.

Heck, our computers can run a 5.0 or 351 etc if you wanted, but you would need to add some wiring into the harness to support the extra injectors etc.

Good luck with your project :).

Frit

So V6 ECU's have 8 injector drivers in them? Wow ... that is VERY interesting news.

easyist way to run sc engine in a mustang, is to run ecu out of the sc with the sc harness . you only need to splice into three wire in harness to run engine. if you need any help or picture of sc engine in mustang pm me.

Thank you

I am so puzzled to what i need to do. Is there a way that you could tell me everything to do from the wiring all the way to having the motor setting in the car and ready for exhaust? And if possible let me know the cost for as much of it as you can remember. I am wanting this to work out. I am only eighteen, but working on the car and doing motor swap, tranny work, and gears have been a breeze, i want something challenging. So if its not too much of a burden, let me know as much as you can.

Thanks,
Todd

Back