AJE K Member POS.

Blown347

I had all I can take of Anthony Jones and his POS he builds for the thunderbirds. His other K members for f bodys or mustangs may be ok but after all the problems I had with this thing it's going in the trash. I went to put my motor in tonight and after a hour of struggling and getting the trans bolted up I went to install the motor mount bolts and rested my hand on the K member where the motor mounts bolt up to and was like ~~~ so I unbolted the trans yanked the motor and had to weld the POS.

5 hours spent to fix another AJE screw up.

Chris

Attachments

• 000.jpg
    000.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 457
Last edited:
Tell me somethin, is your passenger side mount like an oval or a hollow tube that has been smashed? Mine is. I sent the guy an e-mail about a few things and have never got a response. I have not got my engine in yet...but I will before too long. What other problems have you come up against? Your post is not really clear, is the DS mount plate broken?

Chris

re

The top mount the weld is broken.The funny thing is I had a bad clunking noise comming from somewhere and could never figure it out well today is my lucky day I think I found out where the noise is comming from.

Chris the awnser to your question is yes the Passenger side has that funky smashed tube, I have no idea why but that side was a bitch to get the motor
mount bolt through.

Dave yes this is the same K-Member I have had all the problems with and im scared to death to take this thing down the 1/4 @ 130 mph and have a control arm or weld break.

PS: Stock K member wanted

Chris' SC is the only MN12 I have ever driven (and there have been a few!) that scared the crap out of me on a straight road. It was not a good handling car. I'm glad to see you going back to stock. I think you'll be much happier driving the car that way.

I think teh biggest problem with the AJE member is that from what I understand he NEVER HAD A CAR THERE TO WORK OFF OF. You cant possibly build a peice such as that with nothing to really work from but a stock K member.

Now if he indeed did have a Tbird to work off of..Shame on him

they did have a car there. it was a wrecked car that had been 'fixed'

wanna sell the k member. id be interested in all of it.

Back