PDA

View Full Version : picture SC of the month?

notorious sc
04-29-2008, 11:28 AM
Can we please change the sc of the month?? I think its long over due.

KwikGSeX
04-29-2008, 11:46 AM

Thank you for your suggestion.

Thats the response I got 2 months ago when I asked the same question via PM's.. Talk about bein blown off..

coolhand
04-29-2008, 12:00 PM
I know there have to be other cars worthy of the front page? Maybe its a conspiracy? Could it be that JIM's car has taken hold of the S/C world and is holding it hostage? Or is it perhaps that no-one else has sent in a pic to be used? Stay tuned to your local news for further updates.

CoolHand

al35thsc
04-29-2008, 12:09 PM
I know there have to be other cars worthy of the front page? Maybe its a conspiracy? Could it be that JIM's car has taken hold of the S/C world and is holding it hostage? Or is it perhaps that no-one else has sent in a pic to be used? Stay tuned to your local news for further updates.

CoolHand
Just be happy we even have a 9 second SC.

f1rocco
04-29-2008, 01:09 PM
Honestly almost every forum out there the main page and all that extra jazz gets the least amount of updates/upgrades....Very easy to hit one wrong edit button and Kaboom...All the post are gone....

patragz22
04-29-2008, 01:11 PM
its not SC of the month no more its SC of the year or two,three,.......lol

superdadsc
04-29-2008, 01:11 PM
It may be fast but she isn't very pretty. :eek:

ThunderDave
04-29-2008, 02:23 PM
I was just noticing that the other day. SC of the month for December. :eek:

Sorry Jim, time for a new cover page. :D

None2Slow
04-29-2008, 02:54 PM
Jim,
Just send in another pic and keep it updated and keeps the car on the front. I don't mind seeing it. Gives me something to shoot for ;)

Want2LearnTBIRD
04-29-2008, 02:55 PM

Just get use to what you see now, because it will be that way for a whiiiiiiiiiiiiiile

Kurt K
04-29-2008, 02:57 PM
Yes, this has been re-hashed numerous times. In my opinion though, if you aren't a paying member, you have no right to complain. And if you are a member, complaining won't get you very far. :rolleyes:

Jacob_Royer
04-29-2008, 03:09 PM
It will never change.. Simplest solution just bookmark your browser directly to the forrums and skip the main page all together. I've done this for quite some time! its easy and makes it quicker to get to the good stuff.

notorious sc
04-29-2008, 05:39 PM
you actualy believe that JM ran 9"s.............wow..Im seriously don't but thats just my opinion as much as yours.:)

Kurt K
04-29-2008, 05:50 PM
you actualy believe that JM ran 9"s.............wow..Im seriously don't but thats just my opinion as much as yours.:)
Not sure who your reply is directed to, but I never mentioned anything about the actual car that is featured as the SC of the Month. And I know one of the other posts was pure sarcasm.

racecougar
04-29-2008, 07:34 PM
And if you are a member, complaining won't get you very far. :rolleyes:

No kidding.

-Rod

superdadsc
04-29-2008, 08:49 PM
All I know is that when my remote turbo setup is complete I will have a video of the dyno pull and if I go to the track I will have some slips and If but I'm not but if I was going to attempt to be the first in 9s I would have proof and I certainly haven't seen any. I would also invite all the local club members to see it and cheer me on. This is really simple to put to bed but it hasn't. I certainly would never call someone a liar unless I had proof. But logic tells me that a m90 can't make that kind of power.

Jim Demmitt Jr
04-29-2008, 10:18 PM
"Beautiful Picture"

I am glad its been up for as long as it has its gottin the SCCoA noticed in local news and other clubs. Thanks SCCoA I hope it remains up for the rest of the year the car made SC History and is well known

Want2LearnTBIRD
04-29-2008, 10:22 PM
cough conceded cough cough

Jim Demmitt Jr
04-29-2008, 10:24 PM
Everyone has lost the privilege of harmless razzing over this event. We had Coy's car up there when he was the top SC for quite a while and received no complaints. Everyone tries to hold Jim to some higher standard than we have required of any other record holder, just because you do not like him. This is not fair regardless of how you personally feel about him. His time is actually faster that we have posted and a very quick SC has drawn a LOT of attention to our site. His record is just as verifiable as anyone on the list. I am sick of our community's reaction to this fact. Several people have posted these same sentiments, but it always gets drowned out by the same old crap.

We will put a new picture in due time, but the current one is quite an accomplishment. I am still amazed it is not recognized as such.

This was from George last time this came up maybe he should lock this as well some just dont understand

franky_402
04-29-2008, 10:35 PM
Everyone has lost the privilege of harmless razzing over this event. We had Coy's car up there when he was the top SC for quite a while and received no complaints. Everyone tries to hold Jim to some higher standard than we have required of any other record holder, just because you do not like him. This is not fair regardless of how you personally feel about him. His time is actually faster that we have posted and a very quick SC has drawn a LOT of attention to our site. His record is just as verifiable as anyone on the list. I am sick of our community's reaction to this fact. Several people have posted these same sentiments, but it always gets drowned out by the same old crap.

We will put a new picture in due time, but the current one is quite an accomplishment. I am still amazed it is not recognized as such.

This was from George last time this came up maybe he should lock this as well some just dont understand

my car can be on the homepage,

also im very confused by this post, was this jim posting??

nickleman60
04-30-2008, 10:14 AM

I'm still waiting for some "visual proof", not just a time slip........:rolleyes:

al35thsc
04-30-2008, 12:49 PM
And I know one of the other posts was pure sarcasm.
:eek:, the hell you say!

Melon
04-30-2008, 12:59 PM
I'm still waiting for some "visual proof", not just a time slip........:rolleyes:

There still isn't any video or anything? I figured in this day and age with the technology available, there would be a video of the run and (just a guess here) a tribute video to the long road of running that quick in the 1/8 mile :D

-Melon

None2Slow
04-30-2008, 01:01 PM
my car can be on the homepage,

also im very confused by this post, was this jim posting??

No. Jim was quoting George from the last time this topic came up in the members section. This was the response then, and I assume it will be the same this time.

89_WhiteBirdy
05-01-2008, 06:21 PM
the new sc of the month pic is up and it looks sweeeeet.:D

notorious sc
05-07-2008, 04:13 PM
I agree,it is a sharp looking bird.I also am waiting for video proof of this "historical run".Its funny how people can provide video proof of UFO's but not nine seconds glory.The things that make go HUMMM. LOL:)

Pokey
05-07-2008, 08:20 PM
I like the new one! Very good looking car!

dwayne
05-08-2008, 02:57 AM
the new one is nice,but the silver bullet,a history makeing SC deserves a page of it's on.

Kurt K
05-08-2008, 07:35 AM
the new one is nice,but the silver bullet,a history makeing SC deserves a page of it's on.
That's exactly why there member pages, everybody can have a page of their own.

notorious sc
05-09-2008, 04:49 PM
????????HISTORY????????:confused::confused::confus ed::confused:

Jim Demmitt Jr
05-09-2008, 09:47 PM
????????HISTORY????????:confused::confused::confus ed::confused:

(Note)

Looking through this mess it looks like you have a serious issue towards my car. (Note) History you know what the car has done as it was the first to do so why Nagggggggg Naggggggggg. Facts over and over it gets a little old seeing peope like you posting negitive stuff towards the Quickest & Fastest history making Super Coupe. ( Note ) know it think it understand it and get off it move on with your life

Thank You

SBR Motorsports

Want2LearnTBIRD
05-09-2008, 10:14 PM
(Note)

(Note) monkeys (Note)

(Note)

P.S. (Note)

dwayne
05-09-2008, 10:28 PM

Jim Demmitt Jr
05-09-2008, 11:57 PM
Removed in respect of others

dwayne
05-10-2008, 12:17 AM
agreed,for the sccoa

Jim Demmitt Jr
05-10-2008, 12:26 AM

Want2LearnTBIRD
05-10-2008, 12:27 AM
Poooooooooor guy all alon on friday nite. do you rid the short buse?

Or maybe i have a 15 page paper due on monday as a final exam. Maybe just maybe, i need to get an A on that paper so i can be accepted into the best program in the country for my major. And maaaaaaaaaybe i have 4 other exams next week and my school work comes before missing one friday night of partying which i'm sure many members here can relate too.

Jim Demmitt Jr
05-10-2008, 12:31 AM

CMac89
05-10-2008, 12:35 AM
Deal..........

Jim Demmitt Jr
05-10-2008, 12:45 AM
(Note)

I think we all need to stop right now in respect of others looking into this thread meaning young people or childern. Do something for the respect of the SCCoA and remove your posts as I have done

Sorry Admin

Want2LearnTBIRD
05-10-2008, 12:52 AM
i like the picture

dwayne
05-10-2008, 12:56 AM

Jim Demmitt Jr
05-10-2008, 01:27 AM
Thanks Guys

Pap & CMac89 thanks for removing your posts in respect of the SCCoA and all members looking into this thread. I think everyone has had enough of this and the SCCoA Admin. We showed the up-most respect for our club to keep it clean we all appreciate this very much

Miller
05-10-2008, 01:39 AM
(note) lmao u guys are silly gooses ! (/end note)

ThunderDave
05-10-2008, 05:27 PM
What's more important than you removing your posts, is people looking in on the thread and seeing that you had posted something that you felt needed to be removed by you or admin. That says as much as anything.

Maybe in the future, think before you type. Not out of frustration or anger about what someone else posted, but out of serious thought on how would be best to respond to a post or maybe not responding at all might be best.

Y'all could go back and forth on this till everyone here is dead and gone and until there is video proof of a fast run Jim made, no one will be satisfied or at least most won't be. Myself, it would be nice to see the video of the run, if there is a video. If sccoa rules don't require a video and only a time slip, then so be it.

That being said, can we talk about something more interesting? :confused:

bigpoppa822
05-10-2008, 07:17 PM
What's more important than you removing your posts, is people looking in on the thread and seeing that you had posted something that you felt needed to be removed by you or admin. That says as much as anything.

((({[Note]})))
pwnt

Jim Demmitt Jr
05-10-2008, 07:24 PM
David

Here the reason below and my final words on this matter

The big problem was the Silver Bullet in Placervile news the negitive posts that where posted with it. The other main reason this video deal got shot down was the response from the SCCoA members and attacks to my effort and team. It pissed Bob and Dan off they dident even want me to post the 9.989et or the 9.747et runs they flat out dont care after that. There big goal is setting quicker and faster times at the track for the racers there to help sell there parts on the west coast this SCCoA not the club the members they dont want or need that negitive feedback

Jammie Jackson is going to do a Promo Video deal and a video like he did A/FX Mustang and 57tbird and clips from Speedvision. One thing about this first ever 9 second SC run George has so much respect and appreciates the way it has brought so much interest from other clubs and News and racing forums that he will update when he gets time. Its cost lots of money and time to get it into the record books

Its a shame this club dont appreciate the fact they have an SC thats done something in a history making effort. I hope things change in the future becouse we plan on stepping it up each time we go out

ThunderDave
05-10-2008, 07:47 PM
David

Here the reason below and my final words on this matter

The big problem was the Silver Bullet in Placervile news the negitive posts that where posted with it. The other main reason this video deal got shot down was the response from the SCCoA members and attacks to my effort and team. It pissed Bob and Dan off they dident even want me to post the 9.989et or the 9.747et runs they flat out dont care after that. There big goal is setting quicker and faster times at the track for the racers there to help sell there parts on the west coast this SCCoA not the club the members they dont want or need that negitive feedback

Jammie Jackson is going to do a Promo Video deal and a video like he did A/FX Mustang and 57tbird and clips from Speedvision. One thing about this first ever 9 second SC run George has so much respect and appreciates the way it has brought so much interest from other clubs and News and racing forums that he will update when he gets time. Its cost lots of money and time to get it into the record books

Its a shame this club dont appreciate the fact they have an SC thats done something in a history making effort. I hope things change in the future becouse we plan on stepping it up each time we go out

Jim, I'm not doubting that you may have actually done this. I just would think, as well as the guys on your race team to benefit and be able to sell the parts you speak of, a video should have been done, especially after the first 9 second run. If you are looking for backing and appreciation from the club members that are doubting you, a video is about the only way you are going to be able to silence your critics. Then and only then will you get the recognition you feel you deserve. ;) Good luck on your next runs and on getting video of it.

mywhite89
05-12-2008, 07:56 AM
Seems like you got off on the wrong foot with a bunch of people on sccoa Jim. From what I understand, people doubt Your credibilty rather than your cars capability. I beleive you run fast times, but I don't write articles and neither does anyone who represents sccoa, that I know of. After all, we are just a chat forum, that I'm sure YOU have benefited from plenty like everyone else. Anything that you have read on this site that made the bullet go faster is cool with me, and makes sccoa as community worth some recognition. The people make the site work, but the information keeps you posting here, lets be honest.
It does sound like you, Bob, and Dan and whoever else is involved have good credibility though, and that is what really matters since elsewhere offers much more opportunity for being noticed by the rest of the world. A lot of people don't like what they don't understand, and you take that as an insult to you personally?

Do you feel like The Kyle Busch of SCCOA? "Jim Demmit! The most hated man of SCCOA!" lol, j/k but that's some funny stuff, I don't care who you are.

Chris

dwayne
05-18-2008, 10:22 PM
KYLE BUSCH IS A WORTHLESS -URD,WHO SOULD BE BANED FROM NASCAR,SO SHOULD TONY STURART.THEY ARE DIRTY RECLESS DRIVERS & GANASSI IS RUINING THE SPORT BRING IN INDY DRIVERS,AND FORIGN AUTO MAKERS TOYOTA IS HERE WHOES NEXT-HONDA-NESSAN.LEAVE IT AN AMERICIAN SPORT.AND THE NEW CAR OF TODAY IS UGLEY AS HECK,WITH THEIR INDY SPOILERS AND POOPER SCOPPER NOSES.:eek::eek::D

blue94sc
05-19-2008, 12:21 AM
Jeez! This post went south in a hurry.
I don't know why this is such a big deal.
Jim, I have to say congrats on getting in the 9's.
Ben, love the pic and hope to see you and others down again in Dayton this year.
Here's an idea, submit a pic of your SC and then each month do a poll and have people select which one is the best.

Jim Demmitt Jr
05-19-2008, 01:06 AM
Jeez! This post went south in a hurry.
I don't know why this is such a big deal.
Jim, I have to say congrats on getting in the 9's.
Ben, love the pic and hope to see you and others down again in Dayton this year.
Here's an idea, submit a pic of your SC and then each month do a poll and have people select which one is the best.

Thank You!

This is very much appreciated

Ben999_
05-29-2008, 05:39 PM

Thanks, I will be at Carlisle but I don't think I will be going to the shootout again. It just wasn't worth the 10 hour drive to me. I realized how screwed I would have been if she broke down on me (haven't been stranded yet). Not to mention I'm still doing the college thing and I had to drive all night to get home in time, and I'm never doing that again. Caffeine pills are bad!