Ok - car's fixed - so many problems!

Bacondoggy

Ok, see this is what you ru into when you buy a car from someone who didn't know what the hell they were doing. Bought it with engine knock, totally rebuilt the engine (they had lower crank bearings where there should be upper ones, and no oil was going through the holes to the rods). Anyways, as many of you may know, I also had plenty of various, crazy problems. I got SO frusterated, I took it to the ford dealer. He worked on it for over 10 hours (only charged me for 7) plus $130 or so in parts plus the computer I bought, comes to about $800! But, I would have not found out all of these problems: First of all the one O2 sensor was shorted out, and this was causing the engine to go into the self-test mode constantly, I bought another ECU from a 92 5-spd SC, and it turned out my ECU was bad too! I assumed that was all that was wrong, but then he found that the MAF sensor was bad (not that big of a suprise), but here is the most shocking part. Where the MAF connects to the car was ALL jacked up. apparently the wires and contacts, some were filed down, some were switched around, giving the car all sorts of crazy readings. Its hard for me to believe that now, finally, the car actually runs and drives fine. First time since I have owned it! (probably over 4 years) Hooray!

Great News...Great Price...

Id have to stop over to his shop and by his crew some pizza for lunch on Friday....Guy sounds real good and great prices..

F1

correction - my dad told me it was the MAF wires, this is not true. it actually was the "air charge sensor" I dunno what its called here but it is on the plentum on the drivers side (NOT where the TB goes into) int the back at the top. I had replaced it, but with a generic wells part that apparently was the wrong piece (thanks autozone).

BUT, on the way home, I noticed the check engine light came on. GREAT. I haven't had a chance to run the code(s), but that pisses me off because why would he give it back to me without either clearing the codes, or without driving it enough to see if thats a problem??? Maybe the other O2 sensor is fouled out??? Is there any difference in the bosch ones from autozone, or fords?

Back