strange abs problem

superklotz

Well, once again my brakes are messed up and I'm almost ready to switch to conventional. I have a 90 sc and both the antilock and brake lights are on with a hard pedal. The strange thing is that sometimes it will spray out fluid for a second or two and right after that the lights will go out and the brakes will work fine. I dont know exactly where it's leaking because when it does fluid will go everywhere. Normally leaking makes the brakes not work but it's a good thing for me :rolleyes:. Any ideas?

Well, once again my brakes are messed up and I'm almost ready to switch to conventional. I have a 90 sc and both the antilock and brake lights are on with a hard pedal. The strange thing is that sometimes it will spray out fluid for a second or two and right after that the lights will go out and the brakes will work fine. I dont know exactly where it's leaking because when it does fluid will go everywhere. Normally leaking makes the brakes not work but it's a good thing for me :rolleyes:. Any ideas?

you need to get a new brake accumulator pump and acumulator pump switch. same thing was happening to me on my 35th

Thanks for the help, I'll definitly give that a try. Where did you get the accumulator pump and switch from, or will I need to rob them off another onther abs unit?

abs

try priorreman.com for the parts. i wouldn't suggest used parts, as the problems you are having most of us with 89-93 sc's have had or are having. for insight into your system try google-teves mark 2
john

i paid a freakin butt load to get mine replaced. But i took it to a shop because i didnt want to mess with amount of pressure behind it. it cost me about a 1000 bucks.

Back