drawing a black....fuel rail rear bolt at head...

tydlwavs

Does this need to be connected to anything? I kept it off the car tonight so it's easier to pull the rails. I can't recall if I need it for anything like a ground.

Thanks,
Todd

bolted head...

Support for fuel rail and throttle cable. I saw a green wire on one car I worked on but, not on two others.

Great, thanks! I did have a ground wire, but it went to another location in the head. I have to locate and repair that wire tomorrow night.

Yeah, I hacked off the majority of the studs on the manifolds and hacked off the goofy brackets on the coolant lines too. I'm quickly finding bolts for a scrap pile putting this thing back together:)

Yeah, I hacked off the majority of the studs on the manifolds and hacked off the goofy brackets on the coolant lines too. I'm quickly finding bolts for a scrap pile putting this thing back together:)

I removed a lot of the brackets as well. I cut that bracket off the fuel rail as well. It just gets in the way

Ken

It is a MF to work with.
There were two bolts on my black car, but now just one. Its a lot easier to reach if you get all of the cowling and wiper motor out of the way. Something else that I do is to cut out a section on the bottom of the coolant tube brackets so they will pull up off the studs. But as someone mentioned, they aren't needed anyways so its probably better just to cut them off. Same with the "wrap around" steel tube bolted to the back side of the engine.. throw it out and just splice in plane jane rubber hose.

Last edited:
Back