Question please help!!!!?????

hotrodseanxx

Hi,
I own a 93 thunderbird and am trying to figure out how to fold down the rear seat on it i have not had this car long but i cannot seem to find a lever or button in the normal ford places. does anyone know where it is or if it even is a fold down rear seat? its an Lx model if that helps, thanks!

Some seats fold down and others don't...on SCs at least... If yours do there would be a pull lever on the top of the seats below the head rest part... and there would be one on each side.

Last edited:
When I was on TCCoA people were scraping up the rear SC seats like CRAZY because they fold down.

The LX usually does not fold down.

Mine has pull straps - black cloth loops less than 1/2" wide at the top of each drop-down segment. You pull the straps to activate the release levers on the back side.

I thought they also had to be full leather as well to have the fold down option? I have an extra set.....

As far as I know only the manual transmission equipped cars came with the folding 60/40 seat.

my 93 had the top leather half in leather or vinyl whatever it was, and bottom half seats in the tweed, 5 spd, no fold down. Two 94's and Two 95's, each year had stick and auto, all 4 of those were fold down.

I know I read in various places, including showroom brochures, that Full Leather was the determining factor.

Back