what battery to use?

Bacondoggy

ok, I bought a motorcraft battery for $60+ bucks, and the car sat (it did discharge a few times) for a couple years. Now it won't hold a charge worth crap, and I will not ever buy another one of these. My brother bought an optima battery that "crapped out" on him, so I dunno about these either. What's used the most around here?

inerstate battery,great waranity to,that is the battery in all my vehichles,not had a problem with one of them.

I always thought we needed the highest cranking amp battery that will fit onto the battery box...... Then on another thread "Mike8675309"...Landed this huge bit of new info onto me....

Get the lowest cold cranking amp and highest reserve capacity you can get. Cold cranking amps only matter if you're gonna be starting the car when it is below 32 degrees. Reserve capacity tells you the density of the plates, basically how long you can crank for before the battery is exhausted.

Find a balance, as reserve capacity usually includes cold cranking. If your miles are that low make sure you invest in a battery tender brand battery charger to keep your battery alive when it's not being used for extended periods.

ok, I bought a motorcraft battery for $60+ bucks, and the car sat (it did discharge a few times) for a couple years. Now it won't hold a charge worth crap, and I will not ever buy another one of these. My brother bought an optima battery that "crapped out" on him, so I dunno about these either. What's used the most around here?

I recently got a backup battery at AutoZone. It has a three year full replacement and overall 8 year warranty.

Last edited:
well if the car sat for years its not the batterys fault it went bad its the owners fault

batterys need to go through their cycles on somewhat of a regular basis

lol I know its my fault! but I was just trying to figure out what battery will be good to get now that I will be driving this around - and if I ever let it sit again for years - I will d/c the battery lol. I have only charged it back using a trickle charger - would a deep charge possibly rejuvinate it?

Back