the dreaded aod

ndiiorio

heres my list of tranny problems... sometimes it does not want to shift into od... is the od band on its way out? and when slowing down it downshifts really hard. everything works fine in the morning but once it warms up all of these problems start happening. would adjusting the tv cable help this at all or is this just the beginning of the end? is there anything i can do to slow this down? have been saving up for a new tranny because i knew it was inevitable, i just need a little more time...

How are things if you shift manually?

When was the last time the fluid/filter was changed?

i havent tried shifting manually, as far as the fluid filter... this car sat for over a year when i bought it, it had a very slow leak, so when that was fixed the filter and fluid was changed, then i put my engine back together, i have just been driving it now for a few weeks trying to see where im at.

yes it does that... sometimes. sometimes it shifts normal, sometimes i have to accelerate and then let off for it to shift and it does it right away, and sometimes it doesnt want to shift for a while. i did notice that when the car is cooler it has less problems. once ive been sittin in traffic and been driving for a while is when i have the problems. it seem that heat is a factor, could i be a problem with the tranny cooler or a clogged line?

im at 76k but this thing was dead when i bought it, so im just know finding some of these problems out...

Back