Mustang headers

There was a test done a while ago by Dave D and the mustang headers didn't fair to well. If I recall, the stock manifolds ported flowed better, with the 94/95 pax side manifold flowing better than the older ones.

It was a basic test.

Frit

I'd like to know as well as I have a few 3.8 mustangs sitting in my junkyard, 90 through 99 i believe, exhaust is still good on most. What year or trim package is best?

From what Ive read in here...

The Mustang Headers are a big PITA to put on...At best you have to dent a tube or so....Some you have to cut and bend and reweld to get it to work.....The gains dont seem to be worth it....I was gonna buy a set for $50 this week and decided not to..

F1.

I'd like to know as well as I have a few 3.8 mustangs sitting in my junkyard, 90 through 99 i believe, exhaust is still good on most. What year or trim package is best?

blow it out....

Have a set on my 92. They got to be better than an unported set. Never dynoed so, no way to tell. All mine required was the driver side collector cut, rotated and rewelded. I have a stock ported a set for my next car so maybe I can give better feedback then.

Danny

Back