PDA

View Full Version : Mechanics

Rob m
05-03-2008, 01:58 PM
This car is driving me nuts. I have electrical issues that are making me crazy. I am going to give it another look over the next week or 2 but if I can't figure it out ii will need to bring it somewhere to get it looked at. Any suggestions??

NH89SC
05-03-2008, 02:19 PM
What kind of issues?

Rob m
05-03-2008, 04:46 PM
What kind of issues?

it skips a little when you are idleing or just cruizing but under acceleration it bucks violently, the tach drops out to nothing, it pre detonates and back fires and drives my boost gauge through the roof. sometimes it runs ok but i went to the track last night. it ran good on the way to the track but couldn't get out of it's own way when i got there. I made 3 passes and had to let out of it at half track every run cause it was breakin up so bad. I should be runnin low 14's at least and my best pass was 17.9! I don't have any access to a computer to diagnose the problem. I am gonna go through the wireing next week and test it out. maybe change the cam sensor out and check the timeing but thats about all i can do on my own.

NH89SC
05-03-2008, 04:51 PM
Sounds like DIS or cam sensor or crank sensor,and check the damper to see if its wobbling if so the damper is bad

rickbtbird
05-03-2008, 05:03 PM
Do the crank sensor first. That sounds like the problem.

Rob m
05-03-2008, 06:19 PM
Do the crank sensor first. That sounds like the problem.

it has a brand new crank sensor, damper is ok. Maybe cam sensor, DIS is 2 weeks old and it was doing it before. the pre detonation is what i don't understand. I need to get it on a dyno comp and watch my A/F mix , Timing and O2. Or if somone can take a look at it they might know exactly what it is

NH89SC
05-03-2008, 06:26 PM
maybe bad wire to the crank sensor @ loose, wiggle them when running if you can with out getting too close to the belts.

the-big-e
05-03-2008, 09:44 PM
Sounds like a vacuum leak....

fastsc92
05-03-2008, 10:53 PM
mine did that when the cam sensor went....

rickbtbird
05-03-2008, 11:01 PM
maybe bad wire to the crank sensor @ loose, wiggle them when running if you can with out getting too close to the belts.

I thought about wiggling my crank sensor wire once while the engine was running. Now they call me lefty.

Rob m
05-04-2008, 11:13 AM
A cam sensor is factory only part right?? Where should i go to get one. I don't think it is a vac leak. I sealed everything when i put them in. I have
20hg at idle at 750rpm.

rickbtbird
05-04-2008, 11:24 AM
A cam sensor is factory only part right?? Where should i go to get one. I don't think it is a vac leak. I sealed everything when i put them in. I have
20hg at idle at 750rpm.

Any part store should have a cam sensor cap or you can order them on line.

Rob m
05-04-2008, 01:20 PM
Any part store should have a cam sensor cap or you can order them on line.

Thanks alot

PETEp
05-04-2008, 02:14 PM
Napa parts stores can check the DIS, other part stores maybe. You can save some $. My sc did all that stuff when the cam sensor was bad. Make sure you have Heat sink compound under the DIS Radio shack has it cheep. I love Vermont my dad is from there (Eden vt ) heaven on earth good luck PETEp 90 sc auto.

rtebeau
05-05-2008, 11:25 AM
just incase anyone wants to know but jay the head mechanic at J&J auto in norwood mass is pretty good with our cars, hes not very expensive and wont try to rip you off, very down to earth guy

Rob m
05-06-2008, 09:48 AM
just incase anyone wants to know but jay the head mechanic at J&J auto in norwood mass is pretty good with our cars, hes not very expensive and wont try to rip you off, very down to earth guy

Thanks, I will look him up if i need him