Belt Alignment issue

XxSlowpokexX

Unsure whats gong on here but after the head swap my belt is not lining up properly and walking toward the engine. Apparently something is off. My jackshaft belt is just fine so I am assuming the crank pulley is fine as well as the jackshaft bracket itself.

Anyone run into this..ANy Ideas....Also figured it may have been the aluminum PS pulley I had put on but removed it put stock back on and its still happening

Thanks

Its peein me off

Last edited:
try adjusting with copper pipe behind bracket easy cutting stuff,we had to do this to my brothers camaro for the PS bracket.

Dunno..

If the crank pulley isnt an issue...Then my guess is either the head mounted bracket is moving a bit or maybe one of pulleys are binding a bit....The PS pump or alt bushing is going...Dunno..

I vaguely remember the 94-95's alternator pulley being spaced differently and needing a spacer washer. Did you have one when you took your alternator pulley off to put on the under-drive?

Damon,

I had similar problems after installing the ESM wide tensioner pulleys. The tensioner arm looked fine but was worn enough that it caused the belt to walk off the alternator. Replacing it with a new one solved the problem.

David

Unsure whats gong on here but after the head swap my belt is not lining up properly and walking toward the engine. Apparently something is off. My jackshaft belt is just fine so I am assuming the crank pulley is fine as well as the jackshaft bracket itself.

Anyone run into this..ANy Ideas....Also figured it may have been the aluminum PS pulley I had put on but removed it put stock back on and its still happening

Thanks

Its peein me off

Is your balancer torque right, alternator spacer maybe? Do your belts squeak?

Ive found while all the tensioner pulleys interchange there is 1 diffrent pulley in there.. I believe its the crank and without it in the right position my belt walked and wore funky

The tensioners dont look worn.

I know when I did the the new alternator I didnt use the spacer because the pulley fit and I had no belt issues at the time. All happened after the head swap. But I wonder. I need to really take a look again today

Make sure the accessory brackets are tight against the head. It is very easy for a wire or something to get stuck behind the passenger side bracket.

hmm..technically?

I'm going to try the tensioner....It almost appears as thoughitd pulling thre belt in a bit...Cant hurt...Got a steel one

Back