Linclon mark 8

Ryan A Harris

I have found a mark 8 in my area for sale, for cheap. I would like to swap in the reaf diff and rear lower controll arms, the driveshaft will go into my 97 LX. But I would like to know how much weight I'll be saving by doing this. Has anyone weight them to compare?

Thanks in advance.

I was wondering the same thing as I may have access to some MK8 parts as well. Ed said he thought it was about 15lbs lighter. I think that wqs just for the diff...not the diff and shaft...

I'm interested in putting a diff w/ trac loc in my 95 SC but didn't think the MK8's have trac loc if it does I'd love to put that and the alum driveshaft in (if it fits...)

Dan

Why do people use the mark 8 lower control arms? Is it only for weight savings, or are there performance benefits too?

I did not measure them with a scale, but the LCA with the knuckle on it (aluminum) weighs less than the empty/unloaded LCA from the t-bird. They can also be shaven down to make them even lighter. Also with the spring isolater/leveler, you can drill the center out on it and of course you can go from there.

Chris

Why do people use the mark 8 lower control arms? Is it only for weight savings, or are there performance benefits too?

I can't speak for everyone, but I used the Mark 8 LCA's because they are lighter and look "cooler" than the stock pieces. Reducing unsprung weight helps in the handling department.

-Rod

If I recall correctly the LCAs are 30 pounds/pair lighter than stock and I think the rearend housing is 18 pounds lighter than stock. Not sure on the driveshaft.

Back